3. "May I ask to w-whom a-am I married to?"

I woke up to sun rays streaming in through the glass window

I woke up to sun rays streaming in through the glass window. I stretched my arms above my head. I needed Martha's Coffee.

I freshened up and wore a blue floral sundress and skipped down the stairs.

"What the fuck are you doing here?" An annoying high-pitched voice fell on my ears.

"Good morning to you too, Nancy," I said rolling my eyes

"It's her house, Nancy. Don't you forget that" my dad's voice rang throughout the room making Nancy tremble with fear.

"Good Morning, Hannah"

"Good Morning, dad" I smiled

"Come to my study for a second" he ordered and I followed him.

"I need to sell some old properties of mine since they are all in your name, I need your signatures"

"Sure," I said

I don't know why I was getting nervous. My father had this powerful aura surrounding him that would make anyone nervous.

He took out some files and place them in front of me. I opened them to read when he said: "Can you make this quick, Hannie bear? I need to be at the office in ten minutes"

"Sure, Dad" I signed all of them within the next two minutes.

He smiled triumphantly and picked the files. He strode out of the office without giving me a second glance.

"Now who's going to protect you, bitch," my lovely stepmother said to me

"I am a big girl now, Eva. I don't need anyone to protect me" I said.

It was useless to have a conversation with Eva, she was immature and just plain evil.

I decided to go down to the coffee shop to have breakfast, the one I used to go to with my friends. I entered the coffee shop and the familiar scent of coffee beans and cupcakes filled my nostrils.

"Can I have a latte with strawberry cream cheese croissant"

"Your name?" the man behind the counter asked

"Hannah Clarke," I said and he looked up wide-eyed.

"Hannah Clarke? Ex-Mayor's daughter?" He asked

"Yes?"

"I am Todd, Todd Hemingway"

"Oh my God, Todd. How are you?"

"Well, as you can see. I own this little cafe now, so I've been good" he smiled goofily.

"No way!"

"Hemingway" he retorted and I laughed at his lame joke.

"But you are now some hotshot designer, I heard," he said