𝐱𝐱. 𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐄𝐍𝐃

𝐌𝐘 𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐃 𝐅𝐄𝐋𝐓 𝐅𝐔𝐙𝐙𝐘 𝐀𝐒 we soared higher into the sky and farther away from the ground. The bots were completely destroyed and I was walking out of the church next to Steve. "They'll try to leave the city," Thor informed us as he flew down next to us.

"We can't let 'em, not even one. Rhodey!" Tony called and I could already hear his new party story forming in his mind.

"We gotta move out," Steve said to the rest of the group, "Even I can tell the air is getting thin. You guys get to the boats, I'll sweep for stragglers, be right behind you,"

"What about the core?" Clint asked and Wanda piped up.

"I'll protect it. It's my job," She told us and Clint gave her a sharp nod. before splitting from the group with Nat.

Steve and I moved out of the church and I looked up at him. "I'm helping you sweep,"

"No, I want you to get to a boat--" I quickly cut him off.

"I want to do this," I pushed, "And plus, you're getting a little slow on your punches," I jogged away from him and towards the buildings. I could hear him chuckle from behind me before catching up to me easily.

I quickly buckled up an injured lady's seatbelt and moved onto her daughter that was sitting next to her. "Is everything going to be okay?" She asked in a small and confused voice.

Crouching down in front of her, I nodded. "Yeah, everything is going to be okay," I tucked a strand of blonde hair out of her dirty face and turned towards Steve who was making sure everyone got on the boat.

I moved towards him as Clint walked onto Lifeboat. "I think everyone's on, just waiting for Nat, Banner, Pietro and Wanda," I informed him as I looked out over the destroyed city, thankful that we've safe everyone that we could.

From the corner of my eye, I could see Clint jogging towards the market where a group of civillians once was. "Is this the last of them?" Thor asked Steve and I who were watching the Lifeboats off to the side.

"Yeah. Everyone else is on the carrier," Steve replied and I let out a sigh of relief.

"You know, if this works, we maybe don't walk away," Tony said over the comms.

"Maybe not," I mumbled.

Suddenly, gun fire was raining down on Steve, Thor and I from a Quinnjet that was flying by. Steve grabbed me by the wrist and pulled me towards him as he used his shield to cover us both.

"Are you okay?" Steve asked quickly as he hooked his shield back onto his back. I nodded in response before we both sprinted towards Clint.

As we approched, I noticed a body covered in bullet holes. My hand retracted to my mouth as tears brimmed my eyes. I dropped to my knees beside Pietro's wounded body.

🎉 You've finished reading 𝐅𝐑𝐎𝐒𝐓𝐁𝐈𝐓𝐄 ➝ 𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐯𝐞𝐥 • 𝐚𝐠𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐮𝐥𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐧 🎉