𝐢𝐢𝐢. 𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐄 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐆𝐄𝐓 𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄

𝐌𝐘 𝐒𝐎𝐂𝐊𝐒 𝐒𝐋𝐈𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐎𝐔𝐆𝐇 𝐓𝐇𝐄 kitchen as Redbone, 'Come and Get Your Love' blasted from my earbuds

𝐌𝐘 𝐒𝐎𝐂𝐊𝐒 𝐒𝐋𝐈𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐎𝐔𝐆𝐇 𝐓𝐇𝐄 kitchen as Redbone, 'Come and Get Your Love' blasted from my earbuds. I was dressed in a pair of black compression shorts, a baggy grey zip-up sweater, as well as a black tank top. I grabbed a tub of chocolate ice cream from the freezer and set in on the counter before moving towards the blender.

Making sure all of the necessary parts were in place, I added two scoops of ice cream and a cup of white milk, before turning the machine on. Pulling open a bottom drawer, I grabbed a large spoon and began using it as a microphone for fun. "Come and get your love..." I mouthed quietly as I stopped the blender.

I unhooked the glass portion and began stirring the contents inside, making sure everything was mixed. Moving to another cupboard, I grabbed a glass and poured the milkshake into the cup before snatching a straw out of a mason jar that was set off to the side. I dropped the straw into the cup before making my way out of the kitchen unnoticed.

Taking two steps at a time, I finally made it back to my room and set my drink on the table. I unplugged my earbuds from my phone and connected the phone to a small portable speaker. I threw the speaker and the cellular device onto my bed before running a hand through my hair, realizing that I needed a shower before tonight.

I let out a small sigh before swiping a body and hair towel out of a drawer in my ebony dresser. I dropped the items onto the closed toilet seat before running a hairbrush through my dark and dirty hair. I stripped out of my clothes and dropped them onto the tiles bathroom floor before starting the shower, waiting until the room steamed up.

I had, maybe, an hour before the party started and guests began to arrive, which meant I couldn't take too long getting ready. I closed the shower curtain behind me as water rained through my hair. I grabbed the shampoo and massaged my scalp as the hot water ran over my body, burning for a second before fading into a relaxing bliss.

The song changed from outside and AC/DC, 'Back In Black' was now blasting in my room, echoing through the cracks in the bathroom door. I rinsed the shampoo out and switched to conditioner, running my product-covered fingers threw my drenched hair.

I grabbed the blue razor as well as some shaving butter and began working on my legs and armpits, making them less stubbly and soft for the party. Less then a minute after I was finished, I washed out the last bit of product in my hair and twisted the taps off. I pulled back the curtain and grabbed the hair towel so I could keep my hair out of my face.

I dried my body with the towel and applied lotion, making sure my body wasn't ashy and dry. Pulling on my clothes from before, I unhooked my hair towel and my damp hair fell around my shoulders. Wiping across the mirror, I dried my hand on the towel before starting at my reflection.

Honestly, I would see myself as a fairly attractive girl, but if I was compared to Nat... well, that was another thing. My eyes were soft and loving — that's what Steve always told me— and I had silky and healthy hair that turned platinum from time to time.