~Prologue~

Tick! Tock!
Tick! Tock!
Tick! Tock!
Tick!--

I sprang up in alarm, hugging the hem of my nightgown together with my chest and I started panting coherently, looking around my spacious dark room in fright.

"Why do I keep having dreams about her?" I questioned myself rhetorically and heaved a drastic sigh. I reached out to my bedside lantern and switched it on. I glanced at my clock and tried to look away but my eye caught something.

Today is Monday Kaima and it's five minutes past six o'clock! It lingered like a bell in my head and I immediately jumped up from my bed and ran into the bathroom to get ready for school.
                                            🍃
   She was having that panick attack again and this time it was hard to control because her parents would not even notice her. They were busy arguing seriously and reigning abusive words on each other. She sobbed frantically and she leaned on the wall, backing them so they would not see her though her whimpers were loud enough. Clasping her left hand to her rapidly heaving chest, her breathing distabilized and she struggled for air.

Nothing ever changes, does it?
It doesn't because whatever we've learnt to do resides in us.......
                                             🍃
The Akara boy......
That was his nickname-- atleast that's what everyone at school calls him against his will, ever since they found out his mom sold Akara at the end of his street. He used to disguise as one of the rich kids but never bragged about it, and hung out with the most popular boys at school, never for once thought that they would come to discover his ordeal and ridicule him mercilessly.

"Akara boy!" One of the two girls walking behind him spat arrogantly and the other spiced it up with an annoying laughter. They both pushed him from side to side before walking past, and before he could even wave off their cruelty with a sigh-- a very chilled disgusting water that smelled like it was extracted from the canal came down splashing on his round-shaped face, trickling down the bridge of his sized, pointed nose and along the line of his tightened-up lips. He only wanted to belong not realizing it would cost him his societal placement and value.

And he was just going to take it all in?
Ofcourse he had to.......

°°°°°°° this isn't my story but it's our story and how we lived. Giving all we have and had to suffer for.
And when I say teen age is a survival of the fittest, am definitely broke serious about it°°°°°°°

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~