Chapter 38

Author's note: hi everyone!! Sorry its been so long since I've updated this book! I don't have as much free time these days as I used to though I do intend to finish this book. I will now be putting out the rest of the chapters whenever I get the chance to. Enjoy the chapter!
——————————————————————————————————————————————————

"So what's this news that you've been holding out on telling us?" Addison asks as we all sit out on the soccer field. "I haven't been holding out on you guys. There's just been a lot going on with Alex's pregnancy and me trying to settle back in," I clarify.

"How's she doing by the way?" Tucker asks. "Good for the most part. Some days are harder than others, but Servando will be back home from LA in two weeks, so that'll help," I explain. "Okay that's great, but what's the news?" Addison presses. I laugh at her eagerness.

"During our trip to Massachusetts, Alex and Servando asked to adopt Maggie and I," I tell them excitedly. The surprised looks on their faces are taken over by huge smiles. "Congrats!" Drew cheers, reaching over to hug me.

"Thank you! In two weeks time we're making it official. I'd really like it if you guys could be there. It would mean a lot to me," I insist hopefully. "Of course we're gonna be there. Friends show up for each other," Emmy smiles.

...

"Thanks again for the ride Tucker. Hopefully my car will be out of the shop tonight so you won't have to keep driving me to and from school," I say gratefully. "Any time. I don't mind helping you out," he smiles. I should get out of the car, but I continue to look at him. "Would you um, want to come inside? I can make you something to eat before you go as a thank you," I offer hesitantly.

It looks as though he considers it for a moment before sighing. "I have to get home. My parents are going to some event tonight at my mom's office, so I have to babysit Julian," he explains. My smile fades slightly and I nod disappointedly. I reach down and grab my backpack before opening the door.

"If you find that you've got nothing to do tonight, I could use some company. Babysitting a four year old can get pretty boring," he offers as I get out of the car. "See you later," I smile before shutting the door.

The house is quiet when I walk in. "Al?" I call out, but receive no response. All of the rooms are empty too when I check them. 'Maybe she's sleeping.' Sure enough Alex is resting comfortably on her bed when I walk into her room. A blanket sits on the nearby dresser so I grab it and gently lay it over her. I try to slip out of the room without waking her, but I hear rustling behind me.

"I didn't even hear you come in," she yawns. "I only walked in a few minutes ago. I was just trying to figure out where you were," I smile softly. She reaches out her hand and pats the bed. I lay down next her and she shifts to rest her head on my shoulder.

"Have you thought about telling Servando about the baby yet?" I ask. "No. I'm still gonna wait until they get home," she answers. I sigh and rest my head against hers. "What is it?" she asks, sensing I have something to say. "I just.. I just think that you should tell him. I don't like lying to him, especially when I had to bring you to the hospital a few weeks ago. You really scared the crap out of me and it sucked not being able to call him for help or advice," I explain. "I'm sorry Soph. I know that was just as hard for you, and I know that I'm making it harder by asking you not to say anything. I just want to be able to surprise him in-person," she frowns. "Okay fine. At least they're coming home in two weeks," I sigh and grab her hand.

"Are you excited about the adoption?" she asks. My chest flutters upon hearing the question. A small smile spreads across my face. "Excited doesn't even explain how I'm feeling. I told my friends about it today. I hope you don't mind, but I invited them to the court hearing," I tell her.