Big Message, Little Notes

Whenever Mondo would hang out in Kiyotaka's dorm, he would always watch Kiyotaka write away on his small, pink and purple sticky notes, and Mondo would find those notes stupid and annoying. Though, he would often ask Kiyotaka what he was writing at the time, receiving the same response every time, "Just some personal reminders." 

It was after the Breakfast Meetup, making it time for another hang-out session, so Mondo walked down the red hallway, heading towards Kiyotaka's room. Once he reached his destination, Mondo knocked on the door while shouting with his loud voice, "Hey, Kyoudai, ya in there?" He waited in front of the door for a few minutes with no reply, so Mondo pounded the door, a little harder this time. "Ishi?" He waited for a few more minutes, getting no answer once again.

Being his impatient self, Mondo growled as he angrily turned the knob, but surprisingly, the door wasn't locked. Mondo quickly balanced himself before he fell over. He looked up, and noticed that he was the only one in the room. Mondo scratched the top of his pompadour in confusion as he left the door behind him open, wondering around the room. Was he in the shower? Mondo didn't hear any water running, so that was out of the question. 

Mondo didn't know where Kiyotaka was; did he forget that they were supposed to hang out today? Mondo shrugged, it wasn't very likely because Kiyotaka must have written it down on his stupid little sticky notes that he's so attached to. Speaking of those notes, Mondo has wondered once or twice what were on those annoying little things. He looked at Kiyotaka's desk, and there was the countless clutter of pink and purple sticky notes attached to the wall above it.

Mondo approached the sticky note collage and began studying each statement on every note. "Set alarm at 6:50AM to prepare for Monokuma's Tai Chi", "Meet with Professor Naegi for a lesson on socializing at 5:00PM", "Study in the library for an hour before 10:00PM." Each note created one tight, confusing schedule that was too much for Mondo to puzzle together. As he continued to read each sticky note,  Mondo saw something at the corner of his eye that caught his attention. He turned his head and looked at this conspicuous note, pulling the note off the wall to get a closer look. His eyes then opened wide when he noticed this particular note had a heart drawn on it with the words, "Present your gift to Mondo" inside the heart. "What is thi-"

"K-Kyoudai!?" Mondo turned around and the note was immediately snatched out of his hand by Kiyotaka. "W-what are you doing in here!?" Kiyotaka shouted with his booming voice up at Mondo with anger and, what it looked like to Mondo, embarrassment. Actually, Mondo was sure he was embarrassed, because Kiyotaka was blushing for some unknown reason. "Whoa, Ishi, calm down. Why ya so fired up towards me?" Kiyotaka clenched the note tightly in his fist as hot tears began to run down his cheecks, sniffing and rubbing his eyes while whining. Mondo tensed, "K-Kyoudai, calm down! What did I do!?" 

"W-why would you do this, Mondo?.." "Do what!? I don't even know what I did to make ya upset!" The two yelled at each other loudly until Kiyotaka grabbed Mondo's jacket sleeve and began to drag him out of the room. "Whoa, Ishi, calm d-" Mondo's sentence was cut off with the door slamming in his face after being thrown out of Kiyotaka's room. He stayed on the floor, listening to Kiyotaka weep from the other side of the door. Mondo got up, thinking deeply about what he couldv'e done to make him upset. Was it...that note? "I guess we aren't gonna hang out today..." Mondo mumbled to himself as he stumbled away to his room.

...

The 11 other students exited the cafeteria, leaving Mondo and Kiyotaka alone in the room. Mondo took his feet off the table and turned toward Kiyotaka, but before he could speak a word, the other male had already gotten up from his seat and walked out of the cafeteria door, now making Mondo the only one in the cafeteria. Grunting with frustration, Mondo stood up and began walking back to his dorm. It felt like Kiyotaka was avoiding him now. Was it because of yesterday's little incident? If that was the case, then Mondo should apologize because he knew this thing with his friend avoiding him wasn't going to be something Mondo could handle, especially if it was planning to go on for a reasonably long time. 

Mondo turned and instead of approaching his own door, he walked up to Kiyotaka's. With his knuckles, he pounded the door while yelling, "Kyoudai, come out here for a sec, will ya?" Mondo waited, staring intensely at the mahogany door. He lifted his hand to knock again, but the door opened slightly before he could land his hand on it. Kiyotaka peeked through the tight opening and up into Mondo's narrow eyes. "H-hello, Kyoudai. What do you need?..." Kiyotaka quietly stuttered. "Right.. So, uh, sorry 'bout the little sticky note thing yesterday..." Kiyotaka averted his eyes back, "I-it is quite alright, Owada; no need t-to apologize." "So..why are ya, like, avoiding me? It feels like ya don't want to be 'round me prolly 'cause-"

Mondo was cut off by the door hinges creaking as the door began to close, "I'm sorry, Mondo, but I need to be going; I have to do-" The door was just about completely shut until Mondo forcefully pushed it open, and soon Kiyotaka's wrists was immediately grabbed by Mondo's much larger hands. "See!? You're tryna' escape from me again!" Mondo stepped in the room, pushing Kiyotaka back while still clenching onto his wrists. "M-Mondo, stop!-"

At that point, the two boys were trying to pushing each other back. Unfortunately, though, because Mondo was larger than Kiyotaka, he had an advantage. Mondo, with all his arm strength, pushed Kiyotaka, then letting his wrists go so he could fall. As planned, Kiyotaka flung back and landed on the tiled floor. "Ha! Ya have been defeated by me, Kyoudai! Now, tell me why you're av-..." Mondo stopped smirking and shouting once he looked up above Kiyotaka. "Kyoudai?" Kiyotaka gulped. All that Mondo had his eyes on was that on the wall. "...Mondo?"

"Mondo...plus...Ishimaru..." Mondo read from what was on the wall. The pink and purple sticky notes; they were alligned on the wall, forming a pink heart with a purple outline. In the middle, several notes, with single letters, wrote out the words "Mondo + Ishimaru"

Mondo mumbled, "I-Ishi..what..." "Do...do you not understand?" Kiyotaka nervously chirped. Mondo glanced down at Kiyotaka and gulped, "It doesn't mean what I think it means...r-right?" Kiyotaka inhaled and he sat up, then spoke loudly with pride, eyes shut, blushing, "I-it means what it means! Mondo, I-I-..." he sniffed and started tearing up, "I like you!"

As Kiyotaka wiped his eyes, Mondo knelt down in front of him. "Come on, Kyoudai, don't cry just 'cause of this." Kiyotaka, after hearing Mondo's small plead, put down his hands and looked up at Mondo with watery eyes, and he then saw that he wasn't the only one with a red face. "M-Mondo, I-..I'm so sorry-"

He was silenced by a little, but magical, thing people refer to as 'The First Kiss'. The atmosphere around the two got warm, sweet, hopeful. It was the first time for them to experience how it was like to have two soft lips locking with passion. 

Kiyotaka was wide-eyed, but about 5 seconds of warm smooching, he hesitantly lifted his arms and wrapped his arms around Mondo's thick neck, holding onto it tightly as he began to tear up once again. The kiss went on for a few more seconds until the two pulled away, looking at each other in the eyes. Mondo stood still, not knowing what to do, not even knowing what he just did nor why. "H-hey, I'm sorry; I have no idea what I just did. Like, I really don't know what or why-" Kiyotaka jumped a bit in shock, pulling back his arms to wipe his falling tears, "No, no! Please don't blame yourself! I-I..." his voice softened, cutting off his sentence. 

Mondo facepalmed, groaning,"Nah, I know you're gonna write me up or whatever for PDA stuff now."
"That-...no, I wasn't going to..." "...Eh? Wasn't that just PDA?" "Yes, it was, b..but...Actually, I'll just phrase it like this; I'm going to-..let you slide with this one.." Kiyotaka glanced away. "What? So this means..." Mondo slightly smirked. "No!- I-I mean, yes- wait! U-uh..." Kiyotaka continued to stutter with confusion until he was embraced by the other male.

Mondo whispered with a unsure and nervous tone,
"So, ya saying you like me?" 
"Correction; I love you."
"Gh...o-oh...S-sorry."
"It's fine, but, you love me too, right, Kyoudai?"
"Did that kiss not say anything to ya?"
"Aha...I see...then..."

Kiyotaka hugged back, resting his head on Mondo's shoulder. Mondo gulped,"Are we gonna start goin' out, now?" "As long as there's no PDA."

Now, to Mondo, those sticky notes aren't so stupid anymore.