Uligrimm :')

Ulifer never knew why Grimm was scared. He refused to tell him, even when he reassured him that he wouldn't make fun of him for it. 

But it's fine, because not knowing doesn't affect his ability to comfort him. 

It usually happens at night. Ulifer finally has a reason to appreciate being a light sleeper. 

When Grimm shoots up next to him, trembling and panting, he grips his arms so tight, Ulifer's afraid that he'll rip his skin off. 

He hates that Grimm has to ever feel that way. 

In situations like that, he gently pries Grimms fingers away from his arms, intertwining his hands with his own. Sometimes Grimm doesn't realise that they're holding hands, and his grip tightens even further, his nails digging into Ulifer's skin. 

The mornings after those nights, Ulifer will sometimes wake up to Grimm crying while tenderly holding his hand, kissing the little crescent shaped cuts. He tells him that it's okay, that he doesn't care, whilst kissing his cheek. 

Ulifer doesn't want Grimm to feel sad, but he prefers this over him bottling up his emotions back when their relationship had just begun.

Other nights, Ulifer finds Grimm curled into a ball, his legs pulled up to his chest and his head buried in his knees. 

Those nights, Ulifer will wrap his arms around him, rubbing circles on his back. Sometimes, Grimm will reach out and hold on to the hem of Ulifer's pyjamas. 

"D-don't…leave me…"

Ulifer will plant a gentle kiss on his head. 

"I'm not going anywhere. I won't let you go."

He keeps his tone firm, and Grimm seems to feel reassured.

They fall back to sleep in the same position. Ulifer's back aches slightly in the morning, but it's worth it because he didn't leave him alone. 

One night, he realised he had left some important information in the asylum, and he didn't want a myth hunter member to find it, so he went to get it. 

When he came back, the moment the door opened, Grimm stumbled right into him.

His eyes were glazed over, and he was shaking badly. He had wrapped his arms around Ulifer, scrabbling desperately at his back, and they fell to their knees. 

Ulifer dropped his paperwork and immediately returned the hug, uttering quiet assurances in Grimm's ear. 

"It's okay, I'm here, I'm sorry."

Grimm didn't stop trembling for a long time. 

Sometimes Grimm wakes Ulifer up on purpose. Ulifer is never angry about that, he's glad that Grimm had listened to him. 

He usually wakes him up by shaking him gently by his shoulder. Occasionally, after Ulifer sits up, Grimm would shy away, as if regretting his decision and was feeling bad for waking him up. 

"No, no— It's alright, come here."

Ulifer opens his arms wide, and Grimm collapses straight into them without hesitation. 

He doesn't need Grimm to tell him what's wrong. The only thing he needs is to be there for him. And that's something he can do.