Chuckity but they are kids-

Goldity was walking in some random directions, trying to find his friend, Chuck Lloyd. The masked kid was walking for like ten minutes now, and he started to worrying for the safety of Chuck.

...

Cold

Unforgiving

Overwhelming

All those things, Goldity knew all too well. Be it from his own father, NOLI, who was supposed to care for him. None of it was new; every day was a day he would drown, and every night he would finally breathe.

But the fear when he saw Chuck struggle in the cold, dark waters of a lake felt all too real.

The bubbles surrounding them from Chuck's flailing made it hard to find him, harder to reach, but he managed to do so anyway. He'd never had experienced with this sort of thing. When Chuck suddenly tugged his arm, he pulled him deeper into the water. Goldity had a moment of panic, opening his mouth, trying to tell Chuck he was there to help him, only for half the air of his lungs to escape.

Goldity had to pull himself away from the sinking boy lest they both die there, grabbing Chuck's shirt instead and trying to grasp one of the dock's stands.

Everything felt slow and fast at the same time, the water making moving so hard. The fear, the absolute terror of losing his life, of losing his only friend made things feel like we're moving too quickly.

Finally, feeling the rotting wood, softened by the water, he clung to it like a lifeline. Pulling Chuck toward him, towards the dock before using the pole to shove them out of the lake's murky depths.

Air.

Fresh air.

Right when their lungs burnt and filled with water, they were met with air, the lake clinging onto them as they both reached for the landing, as if it was clawing at them to.come back down.

Goldity lifted himself first before grabbing his friend wrists and pulling him up.

Tears and freshwater were mixing together on the younger boy's face, pale as a sheet but lips and the edges of his eyes blue with cold. His body shaking from fear or from the chill, no one can say for sure. But Goldity? He was shaking from anger.

First curling so right that his knuckles turned white, incur nails digging into palms hard enough to draw blood. Stepping forward, covering Chuck's cowering body from the kids surrounding them, laughing and mocking them. None of them had any idea of what they went trough under there, only seeing their potential death as a prank or joke.

Chuck couldn't swim. He could have died.

cRACK

The nearest kid found himself on the ground, completely shutting the crowd up- an angry, soaking masked boy standing before him. Goldity wasn't a big kid by any means, but his stance and blank look on his face made him seem more significant than he really was. He'd been so angry that his eyes were dead , but his body remained tense.

"Who did it" A question that sounded more like a statement escaped his lips.

No one answered, some shrinking on the spot, some taking a step back ready to run if they needed to.

"I SAID WHO FUCKING DID IT." Goldity's emotionless face was changing into one of pure rage. "I'll kill EACH and EVERYONE OF YOU, WHO DID IT" He stomped forward a step, ready to take everyone down. He didn't care what happens to him, he didn't care if he gets thrown back in the water and held under. What he cared about was Chuck.

Before he can take another step forward, another hit, cold hands grasped at his shirt, holding him back. Chuck slumped behind him, hiding from everyone, looking at him with broken eyes. It was as if he was asking to Goldity to stay, asking him to not leave him.

He was scared.

And Goldity was there. Someone who dove in to save him when everybody else pushed him down, and he didn't want Goldity to leave.

Gritting his teeth, the taller boy wrapped his arm around the smaller, firmly holding him as he pushed the other kids aside, making his way to Chuck's house. This wasn't over, someone was going to pay for what they did to his friend, and he was going to make sure they got punished.