The Flowering Quince.

After what felt like no time at all, you were in front of a grand palace. It was unlike traditional ones you had seen or read about. Rather, it was made of a beige brick with small crystals and rocks with each block in order to make it more durable. The roof was white tile that looked unaffected by the weather, still spotless like fresh snow. In the center of the roof was a rather large glass dome that reflected the sunlight beautifully and indicated that there was most likely an indoor garden at the center. 

          In other words, your palace was nothing compared to this. Everything was ornate and grand, from the luscious and colourful garden to the grand status in the center of the road way leading towards the entrance, which was much bigger than your own room. In the center was the god of love and the god of war, depicted quite accurately judging from the books you had read about them.

          The carriages comes to a gentle halt in front of the main entrance, and the door is opened by a humble butler who keeps his head down low, not daring to raise it in the presence of such a powerful individual. The staircase leading up was pure, white marble with barely a single fault to be seen. A red carpet had been rolled down upon it in preparation for the prince's arrival, and yet there was nobody else waiting besides this butler who opened the carriage door and the four guards on either side of the entrance, most likely just there for security reasons.

          You found this strange, but were not left without answers for long as Leonide points this out: "Where is everybody? I expected a warmer welcome than this, especially since I just took over an entire nation." He proceeds to step out of the vehicle either ways, hands on his waist in a skeptical manner.

          Horatio follows soon after, leaving only yourself in the carriage. His tangerine orbs scanned the scene, "I am not completely sure, Your Royal Highness. I ensured to send news that we were to arrive today and around this exact time as well," He says, bronze pocket watch now in hand, it's chain leading to within his left pocket. "Maybe they didn't bother coming because you're so terrifying," He jokes in an attempt to lighten the mood.

          "How am I terrifying?" Leonide interrogates, trying to suppress his disappointment by squinting his eyes. Instead, he ended up looking quite threatening and as though he were glaring with immense hate at everything in his path.

          "You're the Crown Prince, Your Royal Highness. Not to mention, you tend to look quite dark and intimidating. Especially with an expression like that on your face," Horatio responds.

          "Excuse you," Leonide quickly replies, his eyes immediately relaxing and his hands dropping from his waist. "Stop speaking such nonsense. Whatever, this does not matter to me. They are most likely preparing tonight's feast celebrating my arrival," He claims, advancing up the steps.

          Horatio lets out a small snicker at the prince's behaviour before turning to you and holding the door firmly open. "Your highness? What are you waiting for?" He asks warmly, his voice soothing as the rising sun on groggy morning eyes.

          "Me?" You ask, pointing towards yourself, surprised that he was addressing you correctly, especially since you were meant to be a maid now.

          "Who else? There is no other royalty in this carriage I believe," He responds, flashing you a gentle smile.

          "Oh, yes, of course. I was just a bit surprised. I thought I was to be regarded as a maid," You explain truthfully before climbing out of the carriage. Horatio extends his arm as you place your feet upon the steps, allowing you to hold onto his forearm as you climb down for stability. Your hand firmly pressed his arm as you climbed out yet it barely moved an inch as you did so. Once both of your feet were stable on the ground, Horatio closes the door behind you.