15 I lost and found

Chapter 15

"How did it go?" Alexis smiled and occupied the barstool beside me. I took notice of her missing jacket.

"Oh, you know, the usual," I deadpanned before downing another shot of whiskey. And muttered sarcastically, "A bunch of guys shrieking like lunatics, others covering their junk and my favourite ones, with their adorable glances and endearing remarks."

"It was bound to happen, at least you didn't have to sacrifice a piece of your clothing," Alexis said in the context of her dare, and I nodded in agreement. Yeah, what did you expect while invading the men's washroom, Olivia?

Tyler was a real son of a bitch who was going to regret his existence when I was done with him.

"OMG, the way that girl dissed Ethan Lockhart was the coolest shit ever. I bet no one has ever talked back to him," a girl exclaimed behind us.

"The expression on his face was priceless," another replied.

"Ugh, why do we have to leave so early? I wanted to witness the rest of it."

Alexis and I looked at each other with sly grins before inquiring about the location of the showdown. Subsequently, we made our way to the other side of the club. Who was this girl?

We saw Ethan standing at the edge of the bar, and a crowd had gathered around. But their eyes weren't trained on him. They were enraptured by the raw voice of a certain brunette, as she sang Rolling in the Deep while standing on top of the bar. Who would have guessed that Zoey had such a hypnotic voice?

 Who would have guessed that Zoey had such a hypnotic voice?

"Wow, she's good. Extremely fucking good, " Alexis said with a look of awe on her face, and I nodded firmly in agreement.

Everyone held their breaths as she came to the end of her performance. Then the crowd erupted in a series of cheers, and we joined along. There was an exhilarated expression on her face, and she smiled brightly before climbing off the bar.

She looked at Ethan with a snarky smile before asking, "How was that for a great show?"

"The greatest." He playfully grinned back at her, and she blinked in surprise. It was the first time I had seen such a genuine expression on his face.

"I'm glad someone as uptight as me could entertain someone fun and not perpetually broody like you," she retorted with sarcasm and turned away from him. We started heading in her direction but halted in our movement when Ethan grabbed her by her wrist.

"Where do you think you're going?" He questioned with a smirk and whirled her towards him.

She narrowed her eyes and said, "I tend to keep up my end of the bargain, shocking, right? It's a nice quality; you should try it sometime." Remind me to never mess with Zoey. Her sarcasm and shade weren't something one should be at the receiving end of.