The Gift Shop

Chirping of birds and faint sound of traffic woke Nina up today. She had to get to the company in two hours. She had got up for gym today. It had been a while since she went to gym. She didn't like exercising but she wanted to maintain her figure thus exercise was important. Chul was probably still sleeping, he was more of a person to do exercises at home rather in gyms.

Nina put on black leggings and a black tank top. She tied her hair in a ponytail and stuffed her phone, water bottles and deodorant in her duffle bag. She made a kale smoothie and noticed that they were low on grocery. She would hit the grocery store after work today.

She quickly locked the apartment and took the elevator down. She jogged towards the gym that was in their area as warm up. She reached quickly and started her exercises.

Her workout ended in thirty minutes and she drank water. She was sweating profusely but decided to jog back to the apartment. She picked up her duffle and started her jog.

She opened the apartment door and collapsed on the sofa. Nina took some time to calm her breathing and eventually decided to shower. Her shower took another thirty minutes as she washed her hair. Now she had an hour before work and decided to cook up breakfast. Chul had made the dinner yesterday as he was home before Nina.

"Good morning." Chul greeted her with a yawn. He was shirtless, a common occurrence as he never slept with a shirt on.

"Aren't you a sunshine." Nina teased and Chul pouted.

"Not everyone is a morning person." He grumbled while running a hand through his hair.

"Well jokes on you I'm neither." Nina replied while showing her tongue.

"Why are you so childish?" Chul asked playfully, his eyes shining with mischief.

"Well someone's gotta balance you out grandpa." Nina scoffed and rolled her eyes. She was now pouring the heavenly pancake mix onto the hot pan. It sizzled faintly and Nina grinned.

"Ok grandchild. When my breakfast is ready just call me. I'll take a small nap till then." Chul said and yawned widely.

"I won't call you neither will I wake you up. If you want something grandpa, you can make it yourself." Nina replied with a scowl. Her hands resting on her hips.

"Please Nina, I'm not feeling well." Chul whined back, puppy dog eyes on display with a pout.

"Fine, fine. I'll wake you up you big baby." Nina replied waving him off. She flipped the pancake and let it cook on the other side.

"Oh I'm definitely big." Chul announced with a grin and wink. Nina started gagging and made a grossed out expression. Chul laughed loudly and went back into his room.

"Stupid humans." Nina said under her breath.

"I wish I was an animal." She added with a sigh. Her dreams were never coming true. She sniffled slightly and placed the done pancake in the plate.

She quickly made the others and poured some cranberry juice in two big glasses. She knocked lightly on Chul's door. When he didn't get a response she knocked again, a little louder.

"Wake up you baboon!" She yelled through the door. She heard a groan and faint grumbling and smiled to herself. Always works, she thought and walked to their dining table.

Chul opened the door and scowled at Nina. He sat down at the table and started eating. He was finished before one could say finish. He got up, gave Nina a glare and want back to his room.

"Such a baby." Nina said to herself while sipping her juice. She finished her breakfast and decided to get dressed now. She had forty minutes.

Nina opened her closet and looked at the outfits, she remembered how Taebing had casuals on yesterday and decided to go with casual today. She picked loose jeans, a black Balenciaga t-shirt and black vans. She topped it off with a plaid shirt. Nina straightened her hair and let it loose and put on light make up.