❛ Lunch break ༉‧₊˚✧

Start from the beginning

'SHIET! Way to go Y/n-'

Your thoughts were cut off by Hawks's chuckle that rung in your ears like music.

"Hehe. Guess someone is enjoying their lunch."

You were about to open your mouth to, but you realised that you still had food in your mouth.

You panicked a bit and started chewing your food quickly so that you could talk. Hawks propped his arm on the table and rested his chin on the back of his hand, waiting for you to finish chewing.

'... Cute...' Hawks thought as he still watched you chewing furiously on the food.

After a few seconds, you managed to swallow down your food.

"I-I thought you needed to take care of something." She spoke up again.

Hawks held up a KFC bag with a huge goofy grin blasted on his face.

'Again???'

"Yes, again but can you blame me? You really taste the flavour in the chicken" Hawks used his mouth to remove his thick black gloves before grabbing a hot chicken wing out of the KFC and started munching on it.

'Shoot! Did I say that out loud'

"You indeed did, kid!" You blushed a bit causing him to smirk a bit.

You opened your mouth to ask him something but soon closed it since it was wasn't really your business. Hawks noticed this. "You can ask me anything you know? If I were to not to like questions, I would be screwed with my job" Hawks gave you a smile before taking another bite.

A moment of silence filled the air before you spoke up.

"I-I've noticed you a-always have take-out food... Why is that?"

"Well..." Hawks leaned back in his chair. "Since I'm a pretty busy bird. I don't really have time to cook for myself and..." Hawks gestured you to come closer and you obeyed.

"I can't really cook, so I always order take out" He whispered in your ear. You now realized how close you were to Hawks, you could feel his breath brushing over your earlobe.

"And besides" Hawks leaned back in his chair again. "KFC gives me free food since I participated in their commercial not so long ago" Hawks smiled while getting another chicken wing.

"Fair enough" You blushed a bit. "But you should look out for yourself." You said.

'Wow! Y/N! This is the first time I've heard you say a sentence without stuttering' You thought.

"Did you make that yourself?" Hawks asked.

You smiled and nodded.

In your (F/c) bento box there were dumpling, some rice with some steamed vegetables on the side and some chicken.

Hawks stared at it in awe as like he was a kid that saw his favourite food causing your heart to sweal at his cuteness.

He stole a piece of your chicken making you snap out of it.

"H-Hey!" You exclaimed causing Hawks to chuckle.

"Sorry chickadee, can't help myself" Hawks smiled wide and plopped the piece of chicken in his mouth.

"Wow Y/n!" Hawks's red wings spread out to his full length "This is really good!" You blushed at the compliment and mumbled a small thank you.

After your shift, you wished Hawks a good night.

"Good night, kid!" Hawks smiled before you two parted ways.

After a while you finally reached your destination.