Chapter 4

I seemed to be woken up by a light tap to the shoulder. My eyes opened once, twice, three times before managing to make out the blurry figure. It was Shu. I wasn't the most surprised but it was a little unexpected. I soon realised Subaru was also still down on the floor in front of me. I hummed out in reply, rubbing my eye with my fist to get rid of the nonexistent sleep in my eye.

"Morning Kai,"

"Kai?" I tilted my head curiously Before managing to piece together that kai was a nickname he gave me instead of saying Kaito. "Nevermind, I get it now,"

"Well that's good," his eyes seemed to shine brighter, as if they were smiling instead of his mouth. "Me and Subaru thought it'd be best to take you to his room, there's a weird scent that's been lingering around for a couple hours now," Shu explained.

"Oh?" I looked around in curiosity and ever so slightly sniffed the air."Hmm, alright.." subaru soon stood up after I gave them my answer and started to lead me and Shu to his room. Well, he was more leading me, Shu probably knew where he was going. When we arrived, his room was dark, it had a bed, the cliché vampire coffin which was understandable, there was a small bookshelf with a desk, a carpet and a two seater couch. "You're very minamilistic Subaru," I pointed out, noticing a small blush mask his cheeks softly

"Can't please everyone," He mumbled out, pouting.

"I actually like most colors, including dark and light so don't worry your little head," I grinned, and sat on his bed, he looked at me and gave me a look as if he were saying 'really'. "Yes, really you Baka."

"Oh fuck you," he drowned, looking elsewhere. I smirked and layed back, beckoning the two vampires who were both young and old to come lay with me. In which they did so, Shu curled up on one side, subaru layed face first on the other.

"So this new scent? Who's is it? That mukami boy, whats his name, Yuma? A family member?" I asked the, yawning, snuggling up against the bedsheets.

"... Richer... He's our uncle. I have a feeling he's here to cause trouble." Subaru grumbled to himself in a tone of voice that sounded worn out, tired, even a hint of boredom could be heard. I ruffled his hair a little and sighed.

"Ritcher huh... When he shows up let's kick his ass!" I grinned happily, fist bumping the air, clearly excited to fight again. Again? You ask? I taught myself to fight on my spare time, most of it was defence for any reason I'd need it, but then it was the one thing that made me happy back then, so I continued teaching myself and learning.

"He's a vampire Kaito, not even an experienced human teenager your age could fight off a full grown experienced vampire," Shu deadpanned. I stated at him and put my hands on my chest, over exaggerating.

"It'd give me a chance to see where I stand Hmf. Besides if I can take him, you Blood suckers have a weapon up your sleeve," I snickered evily, smiling from cheek to cheek, my abnormally sharp teeth showing. But my grinning was interrupted by Shu hovering over me. His face moved closer, closer, closer until the point where our noses touched came upon us.

"You're not our weapon, you're... Someone we care for Kai," he mumbled softly. Shu soon hovered above my head, his face just inches from mine. Difference was... His lips gently brushed against my own. He was kissing me. What on earth is he thinking? But... It does feel nice. Once he pulled away I immediately covered my face as I no doubtedly blushed.

"Huh," he chuckled, obviously noticing I was embarrassed. Yeah, not shit, who wouldn't be.

"His scents back again, what the fuck?this is so weird jeeze, why is he even coming around here," Subaru growled.