You're just a great friend

Barbie's POV

Two weeks had passed since I met my new teammates. Soon we all became friends.

Alan kept on flirting with me and made more cat puns.

At first I thought he was like this to everyone. But that wasn't the case.

I was lost in my thoughts when Alan sat next to me in cafeteria while we were eating lunch.

." Hey Alan, what's up?" I asked friendly.

." Well Milady, I was wondering if we could do some practice later whenever you want," he requested.

." Sure thing. How about tonight?" I asked.

." That's great. See you then, purrincess," Alan said happily as he kissed my hand and left the cafeteria.

No matter how much I told him to stop acting like this he never listened.

I had to talk to him.

." That's strange. Alan never asked anyone to train alongside him unless he wants to talk to them," Ella said.

." What do you think he wants to talk about?" I asked curiously.

." I really don't know. But if I were a betting person, I would say he wants to ask you out or confess to you or something," Ella said.

I was shocked. I difinetly had feelings for Ken but I really couldn't break Alan's heart. He was now my best partner and friend.

." Let's just hope it's not that," I muttered.

." Ooh smooth, now two guys are competing to get Barbie's heart. Now that's interesting," Patricia teased.

I elbowed her to shut up.

." Ouch Barbie! That hurt!" she groaned.

Teresa giggled.

." H-hey Teresa," Lazlo stuttered.

." Oh hey Lazlo," Teresa replied blushing.

." H-here, birthday happy. I meannnn, happy birthday," Lazlo stuttered again blushing red.

I covered my mouth to stop myself from laughing aloud.

Everyone was doing the same thing.

." Aww, thanks, Lazlo," Teresa said.

Lazlo put a necklace around her neck.

The necklace had a beautiful heart pendant.

." Okay, I gotta go now. See you later. I meannnn see you all later," Lazlo stuttered.

When he left none of us could hold it anymore so we bursted out laughing.

." God, this is the sweetest and funniest thing that could happen today," Lissa laughed.

." Guys, seriously, can you stop being lovy dovy for once before I throw up whatever I had eaten?" Patricia joked.

." Luckily I had never fallen in love," Renee said.

." You might not have fallen in love but you love pizza 🍕. Remember?" Teresa joked.

." Yep, nothing goes better than pizza and ice cream 🍦," Renee said

." Seriously Renee? Pizza and ice cream?" David asked shocked.

." Really how can you eat that? I mean pizza is salty but ice cream is sweet," Patricia asked.

After some hours of hanging out with my friends it was time to meet up with Alan in the training room.

." Hey Milady, I'm glad you could make it," Alan said smiling.

." Oh hi Alan," I greeted him.

He grabbed a sword and attacked.

I ducked his attack with my gliss.

I flipped over and grabbed a sword and attacked.

." You are purretty good at this, purrincess," Alan teased.

I rolled my eyes at him.

With one move I yanked his sword out of his hand.

." Never get distracted in a fight, Alan," I said.

He raised his hands in defeat.

." Okay princess, you won," he said.

." See you tomorrow, Àlan. It's almost getting late," I said as I walked away.

." Barbie, wait," he called.

I was surprised that for once he called me by my real name. I turned around.

." Yes?" I said.

He ran toward me.

." Barbie, there's something I need to tell you," he began shyly.

Oh no, this wasn't gonna end well.

." Ever since I first meet you, you were confident, brave and pawsome lady," he said as he was blushing.

." You were so different. I love you, Barbie," he confessed.

I took a deep breath.

." Wow Alan, I don't know what to say," I began.

." Listen, you are more than a just loyal partner to me. You're my best friend and I don't wanna play with your feelings. But...," I tried to say.

." But what?" he asked.

." But there's a guy," I whispered.

His smile fadded. He seemed disappointed.

." It's okay. I value your friendship. It worth a lot," he said as he handed me red rose.

." See you tomorrow, Milady," he said.

I was shocked.

." Wasn't he upset that I rejected him? Or he was pretending that he was fine?" I thought.

I had to return home it was getting late and I had school for the next day.

A/N: So some of you might have heard that line somewhere else. That's right this was when Ladybug tried to kindly reject Cat Noir. But was Alan really okay with that? Or was it just an act and he was heartbroken?