Chapter Thirty-Three

As soon as the ceremony was over and Bill and Fleur were officially married, the golden chairs that the guests had been sitting in were magically removed, leaving a large space for a dance floor. Tables appeared towards the outskirts of the marquee to give the guests somewhere to sit if they didn't feel like dancing, but it seemed like most people did. There was a band that had started playing a merry, upbeat jig that called the guests to the dance floor.

Waiters entered the marquee with drinks and snacks on platters, swanning around the tent offering them to the guests. Looking around, there wasn't one person without a smile on their face.

Many people were surrounding Bill and Fleur, who were dancing in the centre of the room while gazing lovingly in to each other's eyes. Alice, a smile on her face from the pleasant atmosphere, noticed Ron standing by himself, staring across the room. Making her way over to him, she followed his line of sight to see that he was, no surprise, looking at Hermione, who was laughing in conversation with Hagrid.

"Go and ask her to dance, you moron." Alice ordered, breaking Ron from his trance. His cheeks went almost as red as his hair at her words, not even having realised that he was staring.

"What?" He asked, trying to act as though he didn't know what Alice was talking about, which she obviously saw right through. It wasn't hard, considering that his voice broke when he spoke.

"I know you're dumb, but you're not that dumb." She replied, earning a glare from Ron. Grabbing a drink from a passing waiter, Alice took a sip before talking again. "She likes you, you like her. What's the worst that could happen?" Ron looked to be considering her words, so she added, "Plus she looks amazing, if you don't go and dance with her, someone else will."

"You know what? Yeah. You're right!" He decided, Alice's words clearly having caused him to build up the courage to go. With a look of determination in his eyes, he set off across the tent to Hermione.

"Go get 'em, carrot top!" Alice called after him, watching him go.

Although she couldn't hear what Ron said to Hermione, she saw the blush spread across Hermione's cheeks as Ron offered her his hand, leading her to the dance floor. It started off as somewhat stilted, and a tad awkward, but soon they were dancing reasonably smoothly, both of them with slightly pink cheeks.

Soon after, Alice felt a soft tap on her shoulder, and when she turned to see who it was from she was met with a smiling Luna. The girls hugged, quickly getting in to a conversation, Alice enjoying Luna's wonderfully random thought process, and was pleased that she was at the wedding. Alice asked how Neville was doing, and Luna confirmed that he was doing well. Their conversation was interrupted, however, by a third voice joining.

"I'm sorry to interrupt, but I notice that Alice hasn't been on the dance floor yet," Fred began, giving Luna a smile. It seemed as though he had just randomly made his way over, but in reality he had waited until Draco was distracted in conversation with Arthur to make his way over. "Mind if I steal her for a bit?"

"No trouble at all, I must go and find Harry. He looked to be in deep thought." She spoke dreamily, before drifting off in to the crowd.

Fred held his hand out to Alice, which she took, allowing him to lead her to the dance floor. Luckily it was still an upbeat jig, so there was no slow-dancing in sight.

"So, how are you liking the wedding?" Fred asked, keeping hold of Alice's hands as they danced, moving their hands between them to the beat.

"It's wonderful!" She replied back, both of them having to talk rather loud due to the music and the noise caused by the chattering of the other guests. "I'm really happy for Bill." She added, glancing over to where Bill and Fleur were feeding each other small bites of cake, their love for each other clear on their faces. Silently, Alice was hoping that someday her wedding would be like this.