Chapter Twenty-Six

A few mornings later when Alice woke up the bed was empty, bringing a frown to her face. Since they started sharing a bed, she had began to get rather accustomed to morning cuddles with a sleepy Draco. Often the cuddle sessions lasted longer than intended, though, as Draco would usually refuse to let go.

With a yawn she quickly hopped out to see that her trunk from Hogwarts was sat on the floor of the room, right next to Draco's. Clearly someone had gone to get them, which Alice was more than grateful for. She loved Ginny, but didn't particularly want to wear her clothes forever.

After pulling on jeans from her own trunk, she couldn't help her curiosity and she opened Draco's. Unsurprisingly, most of the clothing within it was black, but that didn't stop Alice grabbing a green t-shirt (one of the only colourful things in there) and pulling it on, tucking it in to her jeans since it was rather oversized on her.

While making her way down the hallway to the stairs she heard loud laughing coming from one of the rooms, the only one with the door slightly ajar. Not being able to help herself, she went over and pushed the door open, needing to investigate where the sound was coming from.

The laughing was coming from Fred and George, who were stood in what Alice knew to be Ron's room, however every single object in it had been coloured fluorescent pink. Her laugh caught Fred and Georges attention.

"What do you think? Personally, I think Ron's going to love it." Fred spoke first, looking around the entirely pink room rather proudly. Everything from the floorboards to the pillowcase was pink, which just so happened to be Ron's least favourite colour, but Alice got the impression that the boys already knew that.

"Forget the joke shop, I reckon we should be interior designers." George added with a smirk. A couple of nights before, after the meeting with the order, Fred and George had spoken to Alice about their joke shop, Fred blushing every time Alice had complimented it. They also said that they were taking some time off to prepare for Bill's upcoming wedding, although the wedding wasn't something that their mother really approved of.

"It's certainly...something." She spoke, taking a step in to the room to look around more. If the goal was to make Ron hate his room, the plan had gone perfectly.

"I think the word you're looking for is 'brilliant'" Fred suggested, watching Alice's expression carefully.

"We did it with our own product, too. It's a prototype, though, not for sale yet." George pulled what looked to be like a see-through bag of pink sand from his pocket. "This obviously won't be the final packaging, were just testing the results on our dear brother's bedroom." Fred took the bag from George, gesturing for Alice to come and have a closer look.

"It's called 'Positively Pink exploding powder', which isn't the catchiest name, but we've not come up with anything better yet." Fred elaborated, blushing slightly when Alice's hand brushed against his to take the bag and look herself. "There's only one spot we've not covered yet." He gestured to a spot on the wall where the cream colour of the wallpaper was still visible. "Care to do the honours?"

A mischievous smile broke out on Alice's face. Taking her aim she pulled her arm back, launching the bag at the wall with as much force as she could manage. It exploded in a very satisfying fashion, a pink heart forming out of the dust before it attached itself to the wall.

"Good aim." George complimented. The three of them checked the room for any spots that they missed before heading down the stairs, the twins both feeling rather accomplished.

They were met with Molly darting around the kitchen (as usual) and Draco sat on one sofa in conversation with Lupin, who was sat on the other. Alice walked over and sat next to Draco, who placed an arm around her when she joined him.