Chapter Thirteen

Draco and Alice walked down the hallway, they made sure to walk with just enough distance between them that if any other students were wondering around the castle it would just look like they were walking in the same direction, not that they were necessarily walking together. It was pretty late, though, so they were both pretty sure that they wouldn't be running in to anybody as they strolled back from the library, heading towards the Gryffindor common room. Draco had formed a habit of walking Alice back to the common room, just to make sure that she gets there safely.

"So, when's your birthday?" Alice asked out of the blue, breaking the comfortable silence between them and making Draco chuckle softly.

"That was a bit out of nowhere," He pointed out, Alice simply shrugged. "5th of June, yours?"

"August 15th," She replied, swinging her arms slightly as she walked. 

"Why did you want to know?" He asked, running a hand through his hair. Since Alice had found him in the room of requirement, Draco had felt even more comfortable with her than he did before. It was a new feeling for him, but he loved it.

"Because, silly, I want to get you a present!" Alice replied as if it were the most obvious thing in the world, making Draco instantly shake his head.

"Nope, no way." He said, sounding certain. Alice looked over at him, confused. "You already do so much for me, you don't need to get me a present, too."

It made Alice's heart melt to hear him say that, but he also needed to accept that she was definitely getting him a present, if he wanted her to or not.

"Yes, I do. I need to think of what I'm going to get you for Christmas, too," She was already thinking of ideas of what to get him, she just couldn't think of something that he didn't already have.

"Why do you need to get me something for Christmas?" He asked. Sure, he had already gotten her a Christmas present, but in Draco's mind he didn't deserve Alice at all, let alone a present from her.

"Because you're my boyfriend, of course I'm going to-" Alice quickly slapped a hand to her mouth when she realised what she'd said, her face going bright red, she could feel the heat building in her cheeks. 

Although they had been 'seeing' each other for a while, they had never labelled anything, neither of them wanting to face rejection.

Draco stopped walking, turning to Alice with a raised eyebrow, signature smirk on his face. Despite him clearly hearing and seeing her, she stood perfectly still, as if she could just disappear. 

"I'm your what?" He asked smugly, amusement clear on his face. Although he was trying desperately hard to keep a cool exterior, on the inside his heart was soaring. He took slow steps toward her, stopping when there was practically no distance between them.

"It just slipped out, I-" She went to explain, but was cut off by Draco.

"Say it again." He quietly demanded, loving how it sounded coming from her mouth. Alice looked up in to his grey eyes, so full of emotion, almost intense.

"Boyfriend," She practically whispered.

"Good, and you're my girlfriend, that sorts that out, doesn't it?" He replied, not being able to hide the massive grin that broke out on to his face. Alice also breathed a sigh of relief, leaning up to give him a short, sweet kiss. Draco's hands rested on her waist, holding her close to him, hers placed on his chest, both of them smiling in to the kiss.

"Oh...My...God," They snapped apart quickly to look down the hallway, seeing Neville stood there with his eyes wide and mouth wide open. Quickly, he turned and walked away.