Partners In Crime (Part 4) - Xander DeWitt

Y/N's POV

At night, I was helping Xander with a disguise and we're walking to Trucker Joe. It's a place where Mr DeWitt's car is. Kenzie is coming along with us.

Xander will distract the dude as Kenzie and I will search for Russell's car. I know exactly what Russell's car looks like so this will be easy.

Kenzie and I hid behind a trashcan as I covered my mouth to stop myself from laughing because of Xander's weird acting. I secretly pulled out my phone and recorded him.

Joe walked inside his "house" as Xander turned to us. His eyes widened when he saw my phone pointing at him. "We'll talk later," he playfully threatened me and I smiled while replying, "Can't wait."

"Y/N knows what the car looks like, the plate has the words DEWITT written on it," Xander said. Kenzie and I walked to the back but stopped when there was a fence. "We gotta climb it," Kenzie said. I was about to say something but she was already climbing the fence.

I sighed and moved the gate, it wasn't even locked. "It's already open, girlie," I told her and walked inside. We turned our flashlights on and searched for the car.

"Hey! Y/N, I think I found it!" I heard Kenzie whisper. I followed her voice and she pointed to a car with the words D3WITT written on the back. I can feel myself start to cry when we're getting so close to find where Mr DeWitt is. I can feel my heart beating out of my chest.

I smiled at Kenzie and pat her shoulder. "Nice work, Kenz," I praised. We walked closer to the car as I searched for in my pocket for a pin to open the car without setting off the alarm.

"Wait wait wait Kenzie! Don't!!" Kenzie opened the car and it sets off the alarm. "Kenzie!!" I whisper-yelled as she yelped and bumped into the car next to her, causing its alarm to go off as well. I hurriedly opened the car door and grabbed the red notebook. Kenzie grabbed my arm and we ended up jumping on top of cars which caused its alarms to go off as well.

We reached the front in time to see Xander getting kicked out of the "house". I ran up to his side. "You ok?"

"Yeah. Look, I got a bell," Xander showed me the silver bell he got from inside. "Yay, fun. Come on let's go," I grabbed his arm and we left the place.

"Please tell me you girls found something," he pleaded. "First off, buster, don't put me in a situation like that again," Kenzie hissed. "I think it was fun. I never had that much thrill since we broke into the principal's office to change our detention schedule," I smirked while nudging Xander's shoulder who laughed at the memory. Kenzie gave us a look of horror, "You two WHAT?!"

A familiar car stopped in front of us and we saw Jack Finn. "Xander DeWitt and Y/N L/N. You two are quite the night owls, huh? First I thought you were just going on a date, but this seems different," Jack smirked at Xan and I. "Jack Finn... This place is even creepier at night," Xander spoke.

"Back when I was in your age this town used to be beautiful, like it came from a storybook," Jack said. "Yeah well not all storybooks are as beautiful as fairy tales. Have you met the Grimm Brothers?" I spoke. Xander nudged my shoulder. Jack eyed me with interest, "I used to have a best friend with a sharp tongue like yours."

I simply smiled at him.

"Who's this friend of yours?" Jack asked. "Kenzie Messina," Kenzie introduced herself and shook Jack's hand.

"The high school girl who's been bugging my assistant to try to get an interview with me?" Jack smirked, "It's getting late. How about I give you kids a lift?"

"We were just- Uh-" Xander stopped talking when we heard Joe talking to a cop.

"Yeah, he had long blonde hair and is wearing a burger hat. He stole a bell," Joe said. "A lift would be nice," Xander said and we all piled inside the car and Mr Finn drove us home.

**************

Kenzie went home early and Xander and I sat on the couch to examine the notebook we found inside the car. "Empty, empty, these pages are blank! All our efforts are for nothing!" Xander threw the notebook away and laid down on the couch in frustration.

"Don't give up ok? We found Mr DeWitt's car, that is not nothing. There's gotta be a way, a clue," I said, "Xander we're this close to finding your father. We can't give up now."

"What else is there?" Xander asked. I looked at him and an idea popped in my brain, it's as if a light bulb was lit on top of my head.

I sat on his chair and grabbed a pencil. Xander eyed me with interest and stood behind me to see what I was doing.

I started tracing over the notebook until we can make out words, what Mr DeWitt wrote on the previous page marked the next page and we are able to read it.

"140. Elk Avenue. Bixler Valley. June 25th 1PM," Xander read, "Regarding: C.R.A.T.E.R."

"What the heck does that mean?" I asked. "For the past three months I turned my dad's life upside down inside out. I checked every evidence, every contact-- But I've never heard of C.R.A.T.E.R." Xander said, "I'm impressed Y/N."

I gave him a weird look. "You know you say that to me everyday."

"Yeah cause it's true," Xander shrugged his shoulders. I released a yawn while stretching my arms. "It's getting late. I'm going to bed," I said.

I made my way to my room but stopped suddenly and turn to look at Xander. "Hey uhm do you mind if I sleep with you tonight?"

I can see the smirk forming on his lips which made me groan. "Not like that Xan, I just wanna cuddle."

Xander released a laugh before getting up and nodded his head at me. I went to my room and changed into my pajamas before returning to Xander's room. I saw him holding a picture of his father and I frowned and sat beside him.

"We'll find him, Xan. Don't worry," I promised him. Xander nodded his head and leaned his head against my shoulder. I wrapped my arms around him, we stayed in that position for a few minutes before laying down on his bed, arms still wrapped around each other and fell asleep.

--------------

Part 4!!

Thanks for reading guys

Stay safe!!