Chapter 8 - Her Same As Always

Y/N POV

Ran just asked me out on a date. Ran Mitake, the girl who wouldn't be interested in doing anything other than improving Afterglow asks to spend some time with me, mind blown.

"Sure I would love to go on a date with you" I said with Ran quickly looking back at me.

"Alright then this Saturday at 12:00, don't be late" Ran, said hugging me.

She entered her house, while I stood their still shocked about what transpired, I went home thinking about plan for tomorrow and how to make it memorable.

The Next Day

I arrived at Ran's house at 11:45 just in case she was waiting at the door, I don't know the first thing about going on a date but I do know that making a girl wait is bad impression, I knocked on the door and it was answered my Ran's father.

"Ah Y/N-san it's good to see again it's been some time" He said with his usual calm expression.

"Yes it's sure has been, is Ran ready? We're going on a date together" I said being honest.

"She should be ready soon, why don't you wait inside  for her" Her father said leading me inside.

"Would like some tea, or Mizu Yokan?" Ran's father offered to which I asked for the red bean jelly.

(I loved this desserts whenever i'm in Japan)

As I finished my dessert Ran come out of the hallway and saw me seating with her father.

"Father I'm going out now with Y/N, I'll be back by 7:00pm" Ran said to her father.

"Aright, Y/N-san take good care of her" Ran's father said in a serious tone.

"I will, she'll just fine with me" I said bowing my head, leaving with Ran.

Arriving at the downtown area, we didn't know the first thing about going on a date, so I suggested we should just walk around, if anything catches our interest we check it out. Ran seemed satisfied with that plan and went along holding my hand.

We went inside Hazawa Coffee for a quick cup of joe. Tsugumi took our order, and was surprised that Ran ask me out on a date, while eating out cakes and coffee we talk about our past.

Flashback 10 years ago

Me and Ran were always really close, my mother attended the Mitake School of Flower Arrangement, so naturally my Dad wasn't around to take care of me at home when I didn't have school, my mother would bring me with her and I would play with a Girl  named Ran Mitake who was the daughter of the Owner of the school. We spent all lot of time together ever since we met when we were 8 years old, until my mother graduated the school and it was probably the last time I would see Ran again, but before I left we promised that we will meet each other again, oh Fate is so kind we reunited and she was part of a band, and was a little different in terms of personality but he same girl I loved spending time with.