Chapter Six

Chapter Six: Meeting the Selected... (Part 2)

▯▮▯▮

(Sophie's Point of View)

As I walk down the stairs, I hear the chatter slowly die down, until I have to strain to hear it. I take a deep breath and step onto ground level. I walk for another minute down the left hall, and I soon near the Dining Room. The butlers have closed the Large Doors, most likely an order from my father, to surprise the Selected.

I take a deep breath, and put on a small smile, and nod to the men, who open the large doors. I walk into the slightly warm Dining room, and everyone's heads turn.

I begin to walk over to my parents, but as soon as I near the Table, I trip over my own feet. "Of course it has to be in front of everyone." I think as I try to put my hands out before me, but strong arms wrap themselves around my waist and pull me up before my body touches the cold floor.

I quickly straighten my wrinkled dress and hair, before quickly turning to my savior.

"Thank Yo-..." I begin to say, but I trail off, as I glance up and see a gorgeous Elf. His gorgeous Teal Eyes bore into my Chocolaty Brown ones, and I can't speak. I just quickly smile and walk over to my parents.

I softly hug my delicate mother and kiss my Father's cheek, before I turn to the selected around me.

I quietly clear my throat and begin to speak. "Hello. As you know, I'm Sophie," My father clears his throat, reminding me to use my proper title. "Princess Sophie," I say, quickly fixing my mistake. "And you are here to participate in my Selection. I know you are all quite eager to eat, as am I, but I would like to take a few moments of your time to get to know you briefly.

"Um..." I say quietly, uncomfortable for what was about to happen. "Can I Please see, uh, Jensi? Please?" I ask, looking at a round face boy near to me on my Right, and quickly glancing at his name tag. I smile slightly and walk over to one of the many small loveseat couches that are scattered throughout the Dining Room.

Things go smoothly, until a Dark Haired man walks up to me, the same one who caught me, making my heart begin to beat uncontrollably. I give him a shy smile, as he sits down next to me.

"Hello, your Majesty. I'm Fitz Vacker." He said, Smiling Handsome, making me almost causing me to faint.

"So..." I begin awkwardly, "How was the trip here?" I ask, and confusion flickers across his perfect Face. I grimace inwardly at my embarrassing question, but he answers smoothly, with no hint of confusion in his voice.

He tells me all about his family and the trip. Every so often, I glance at Dex and Bex, who both give me a Thumbs up. I smile at Fitz, seeing my Father in the corner of my Eye, to hurry. "So, how do you like the Palace and the Staff?" I ask, trying to compose myself.

"They're all very kind, and the Palace is quite Beautiful, just like it's Princess." He says grinning when I blush a Deep Red. I Softly Smile Back and quietly stand.

"Thank You, Fitz. Would you please send over the next Elf? Thank You." I say and he kisses my hand lightly.

"Of course your Majesty," Fitz says politely and walks back to one of the many Tables.

I sit down quickly, and try to gather myself, but am soon interrupted by another boy. What I didn't prepare myself for, was him. He was a Gorgeous Elf, with amazing Blonde Hair, and Striking Ice Blue eyes.

"Hey, I'm Keefe." He said, extending out his hand, surprising me with his straightforwardness.

"Hello, Keefe. Please sit." I say, grasping his hand and shaking it. I nervously smile as he sits, grinning ear to ear. I can already tell he'll be a fun one to be around.

"So," I ask, "Tell me about your Family."

He begins to speak, and I quickly survey the room. I see I've almost talked to each man, with only two to three left.

I turn my attention back to Keefe, and I smile and listen to what he has to say. He has lots of friends and seems to be quite popular.

After a few more minutes, we finish up talking, and he goes back to his table. I smile, with a weird Happy feeling stuck in my chest. The rest of the participants' time flew by until we were done, and I was sitting down near my mother. They were all so kind, and I knew, This wasn't going to be so bad after all. 

Oh my goodness. 1.2k reads! I remember when I began this story, and I didn't think so many people would like this! I'm so so grateful! Thank You guys so much! Love you guys!