Chapter Three

Chapter Three: The Selected

▯▮▯▮

Sophie walked into her bedroom, and flopped onto her bed exhausted. She breathed a sigh of relief, glad that the Report was over for the week. Her maids carefully helped her undress, and slip into one of her cool nightgowns. Stella helped her wash her face, take out her hair, and brush it through. "Do you think that the Selected will like me?" Sophie asked, walking out onto her balcony to breath in the fresh night air.

"Of course they will. You're so Nice, Caring, Beautiful, Honest, Loyal, and not to mention the future Queen of the LOST CITIES! That's just a perk. They get to become a Royal!" Audrey said, calming some of Sophie's nerves, and making her laugh.

"Plus your one of the most Powerful Elves ever! Even with all that, you make time for everyone, even with all that pressure. You don't care about what people think about you, and you're not cocky." Stella says, tucking a loose strand of hair back into her bun.

Sophie sighed, grateful for all support from them. They were so sweet.

"Whoever you choose is going to love you for who you are, no matter what." Hannah says, pulling down the bed sheets. "If they don't," Hannah says, putting her fist against her hand, and Sophie laughed. They really know how to make her feel better.

Sophie smiled as she climbed into bed, knowing that everything was going to be finland work out in the end, and the nights Lullaby pulled her into a peaceful slumber.

. . .

(Fitz's Point of View)

I was jolted awake by the loud ringing of the door bell. I threw on some work clothes, and ran my hand through my hair. I walked down the stairs, skipping every other step, to find Biana holding a letter from the palace. I've been itching to fill out the form, since they announce the Selection.

"Well are you going to open it, or what?" Biana asked, shoving the letter into my hands, and she began to jump up and down with excitement.

"Calm down, Biana!" I tell her, making me laugh, as I grab a pen, and sit at the table.

When I open the letter, To papers, fall out, One of them is the Form, and the other is a note. I decide to read the note first, in case there is anything that is important on it.

It said:

'Dear Resident of the Lost Cities,

As you know, last month, Princess Sophie turned 18, and is holding a Selection. Any young man between the ages of 19-21 are eligible to enter. The last day to enter into the drawing, is next Saturday, and the names will be announced in the following report. If you are chosen, a royal attendant will come and assist you from there. Good Luck! (And may the odds, be EVER in your Favor! 😂 (Sorry, I had to put that!))

Sincerely,
the Royal Family.

"I can't believe that you got a letter from the ROYAL FAMILY!!" Biana screams, running around like a maniac, excitement dancing in her eyes.

"Breath Biana, Breath." I say, grinning at her enthusiasm. I open up the form, and begin to fill it out.

NAME: Fitzroy Vacker

AGE: 20

HAIR COLOR: Brown

EYE COLOR: Teal

HIGHT: 6 feet, 2 inches

ABILITY (S): Telepath

PROVINCE: Everglen

NOTE: Head to your province's mail, and you will have your picture taken before you can resubmit this letter.

I continue to fill out the form, and once I completed it, Biana pulled me to the postal service to get my picture taken.

. . .

~ Time Skip 1 week, and 6 days ~

(Sophie's Point of View.)

I was sweating. Well, Nervous sweating. Today is Friday, which means the report, and it's the drawing of the names. My Dad had told me a few days before that over 1,000 men have entered their names into the contest. So that definitely clears up my worries. Thanks, Dad. Yeah no. So for this nerve-racking occasion, I decide to wear one of my favorite dresses. The top is Deep red, and the skirt is White with some Red and Gold Flowers. My maids lightly curl my hair, and tie part of it back with some red ribbon, and give me some diamond sandals to slip on, and I'm ready. 

I carefully walk downstairs, wringing my hands

I carefully walk downstairs, wringing my hands. I am nervous beyond belief. Once these names are drawn, the contest for my hand will begin. I walk into the filming room, where everyone is waiting for me. I'm late, but I'm too nervous to care.

I sit down carefully into my chair, and Bex grabs my hand, giving me a comforting squeeze, and I smile.

The red bulb on the camera's flash, and we're live. My Dad talks about things that are happening in our Kingdom, but I tune it all out.

Soon, it's time to draw the names, and the first name comes up, with the man's picture on the screen.

"Keefe Sencen, Candleshade!"

"Luke Trishorn, Bedcove!"

"Orrian Elamyar, Keyharis!"

"Wylie Endal, Alluveterre!"

"Fitzroy Vacker, Everglen!"

"Tam Song, Brumevale!"

The list went on and on until there were 35 names drawn. Some of them were Handsome or Cute, but some weren't. I'm glad it's finally over, but the contest is just beginning. 

Hi! I am SO SO sorry that I took forever to update. I hope that you like this chapter. Just so it is clear, some of the Selected names, are completely fiction, and not real. This was fun to write, and I hope you like it! Bye!

- Bookworm 2007

P.S.: I'm kind of OBSESSED with the Hunger Games, so yeah. I have some stories about them, so if your obsessed like me, go check them out! I just want to say that, incase there are some references. 

Word Count: 1042