☁︎ 27

27 • the queen •

I'm dress up like a life sized doll.

I'd been thinking about Eden the entire time that I literally forgot the queen successfully captured me. It wasn't until the red headed woman tapped my shoulder, signalling she finished, that I was brought back to reality.

And I was in shock.

Glaring back at me in the reflection was someone unfamiliar. Someone I've never seen before.

A beautiful girl stared back at me.

My curly dark hair was straighted, falling swiftly past my shoulders. My makeup was professionally done, and it felt like an upgraded face. My body's curves were more excentuaded in the the long, silk yellow - orange dress that complimented my skintone.

I turn back to the redhead who stood a few feet away from me, "Thank you."

She looks surprised, "oh, no problem." She chips happily.

I take a good look at her. Long wavy red hear clips back behind her ears and auburn eyes.

"You're pretty." I compliment out of the blue- but honestly, she's stunning.

"Thank you" She blushes, "shall we be on our way now?"

I nod and follow her down a pillar hallway. "What's your name?"

"Ruby. Should I ask your name or do I assume it's Athena?" She chuckles.

"Theodosia,"

"Oh!"

"Athena is just a stage name, my real name is Theodosia."

She mumbles below her breath "Theodosia-" she pauses "That's a beautiful name, what's your last name?"

"Ryan."

"Oh,"

"May I-" I'm cut off when I hear yelling and struggling coming from another hallway. "Where am I? Let go of me! Where is my sist- agh!" my sisters strained voice scream.

I'm not letting this happen again.

Using my superspeed I effortlessly bolt down the hallway her voice echos from. I see a man holding her from her arms from behind trying to tame her.

"Get off of her." My blood boils at the sight of seeing my sister being manhandled by a guard. I feel my warm energy flow through my forearms, creating a golden ball of energy on the palm of my hands.

It's been a while.

He immediately lets go of her arms, and brushes his drenched hair back as his clothes drip water onto the floor.
Tiara's doing.

I watch as his hands glow orange to red. Very evidently he's a flame as fire erupts from his hands.

Ruby, clearly an air manipulator, blows his flames out while coughing. "I'm sure we should treat the queens guest with more respect than that, right?"

"She's the one who started fighting."

Tiara walks up to me and looks me up and down. "What's this?"

"I thought you were getting ready." I whisper to her "we're having dinner with the queen."

"I just woke up." She shakes her head in shock.

Ruby walks up to us with four tiny fairies flying besides her shoulder. "Sorry for this mans behavior." She gives him a dirty glare over her shoulder. "Go somewhere, now you my dear should be getting ready for the dinner. The fairies will escort you to your bath and prepare you while I escort your sister."

"Can she wait for me?" Tiara request.

"I'm sorry but the queen would like to speak to her privately before you and you're friends are ready."

Tiara flickers her eyes from me and Ruby while giving me a look of worry.

Me too.

I turn to Ruby "For what, may I ask."

"Conversations between you can the queen are confidential, but honestly I'm not sure, I'm only following her orders."

I nod, understanding then face Tiara who still expresses her curiosity and worry. I nod again, this time at her, reassuring her that I'll be fine.

Eventually we part ways and continue back down the hall towards the dining center.

Tiara had the right idea, for the past week all that's been going on around the kindgom has been about Athena. The royal guards scaping the town for her. And now she finally has her, me.

I feel as though I should be more worried, but I thought I'd be locked up. In a dungeon or something. Instead I woke up in a massive, comfortable bedr and was escorted to a luxurious outdoor bath.

And what would be the point in trying to escape?

Common sense- this castle is heavily guard with powerful men and women. Tiara just attempted, it was useless. It's huge, and I'd have no idea where I'd go. Not that that has stopped me. Even if I did escape, they'd just search for me again and find me again. I can't run forever. Might as well meet royalty and eat food.

I'm escorted to tall double doors. The two guards on either standing open it for me and Ruby. When I look over to her, she stands still.

I guess I'm alone on this one.

I take the hint and walk in by myself, I turn back to see Ruby walking away and the heavy doors clothing.

In front of me lays a long and wide rectangular elgant table topped with decorations. Several plates cups and utensils sit in front of certain chairs around.

And at the very end of the table sat...

nobody.