☁︎︎ 21

21 • out of the woods •

We made it out.

It was a long journey, the afternoon had already came and we've eaten our short food supply when we had made it too the border of the neighboring town.

The first thing I noticed was the royal castle. We are further away from it but it was large. Still very visible. It stood tall and spread far, from this point of veiw it stood clear and shined under the sun.

Leia notices it as well, "Let's go." She calmly instructs as we follow Eden and Lunelle down white stone steps.

"I'm hungry." Lunelle comments.

"Me too." Eden and I say at the same time.

We ended up stopping at a resturant in town. Candles hung from the ceiling, sunlight beamed through the windows and family's around us ate peacefully.

"So do you have a plan?" Eden asks. Eden simply thinks we're looking for my sister. Leia and Lunelle know this is more dangerous than it seems.

"Look around this town..." I take a bite out of my meal.

"Okay, that's a start." Leia responds.

"What if she's not here?" Lunelle asks.

I fiddle with my fork, messing with the gravy and mashed potatoes while leaning my head on my hand. "She has to be." When I look up I find all of them staring.

"What does she look like?" Leia ask in a gentle tone.

"She's pale, tall-taller than me. She has short dark straight hair and bright blue eyes." While talking about her appearance I manage to create an image of her in my mind. "Her names' Tiara, she's an aqua." Aqua, what we call thoes will water abilities.

I miss her.

I fiddle with my golden pendant anxiously, tracing the engravings waiting for someone to respond and fill the awkward silence.

"Okay, good. Now we know what she looks like and we have a better idea." Lunelle nods his head.

••

We split up the rest of the afternoon searching and scanning the town for Tiara.

Nothing.

At night we met up at a motel. We didn't have enough money for all of us to have our own room, so the twins shared one and me and Eden shared another.

With separate beds.

Eden was washing up in the shower while I sat on the balcony cushion seat looking outside clean and in fresh clothes. Watching the sky fade to a pink and purple colour as the sun sets below the horizon line.

The water stops and I hear the door open slightly.

Eden peeps out covered in droplets of water, his wet dirty blond hair stuck on his forhead. "yes?" I question.

"Making sure you're okay."

I smile at him as he goes back into the bathroom to finish getting dressed. "So what's the plan for tommorow?"

"Ask people in town I guess, it's late, we couldn't do much today. Tommorow I'll try again." I pick at my nails and sigh then look up at him as he emerges from the bathroom shirtless. His muscles distracting me momentarily.

"You like what you see?" Eden reverts back to his flirtatous behavior.

"Yeah." I tilt my head to look at him again.

He chuckles and looks down, flipping through tourist pamphlets layed on the desk while making small glances at me.

I look back out the window, nothing else to do but watch the bright stars sparkle in the late night sky. "I'm going to bed." I get up.

"Without me?" He mumbles from across the room.

I only glare at him while sitting at the edge of the bed. "Do you ever stop flirting?"

"Flirting?" He walks towards me.

"Yes Eden, flirting."

"I don't get what you're talking about." His wings expand slightly as he stands right in front of me.

"Okay then." I shrug my shoulders and place my hands on the bed. I find my legs subconsciously spreading apart as he steps in between.

Both of his large hands find their way to my face- either side of my cheek tilting my head upward slightly. His touch is gentle and his hands are soft and warm, they move backwards and push my curly hair back.

His face inches forwards to mine. "Goodnight Theodosia." He keeps his hands on my face and his body between mine for a moment more, before dropping them and stepping away.

My face remains warm, obvious blushing, as he turns off the light and walks towards his bed. The bedside lamp being the only lightsource lighting up the room.

I lay down on my own bed, turn facing Eden who looks at me as well.

"If you want me to sleep with you, you can just ask." He says jokingly as he turns off his lamp.

"If you want me to sleep with you, you can just ask." I repeat.

"Maybe I do." He speaks more seriously.

I shake my head no, turn off my lamp and face the opposite way.

"Goodnight Eden."