30

(Kenma)

(Y/n)'s been sick lately, I didn't do a great job of being her boyfriend. She's been in the hospital for quite a few times this year, more than last year if I were to judge. I said I'd take care of her but she always ends up in the infirmary or the hospital. I can't get myself to do things right.

We're at the gymnasium, just waiting outside while they get ready. (Y/n)'s acting cute again, she keeps smiling and playing with my hands. Right now she's stuffing her cheeks with air, she's also pouting. She's kissing my cheeks, this is going to make me lose composure.

I brought her somewhere more isolated, I can't have other people seeing us. Especially the first years. "Happy birthday." I nuzzle her nose, hearing her giggle. Too cute. "Happy birthday."

"You've said that already." She just smiled, pressing a kiss on my lips. "Something on your mind?" I brush her hair away from her face as she shook her head. "I love you."

"I love you." Why is she acting cute?

I bring my hand to the back of her head, pressing my lips on hers. It's okay to kiss here, right? No one's really around so, might as well get more than one. I bit her bottom lip for access, pushing my tongue in her mouth and sucked hers.

I cup her cheeks to deepen the kiss, feeling her smile against my lips. We didn't do anything last Sunday and Monday, I'm just filling up the empty spaces. I had to pull away, she seems tired already. But I want more..

I rest my forehead on hers, kissing her lips to lick the saliva off them. How did I like you? How did I come to love you? She hugged me tight and planted a kiss on my chest. I like how she's spoiling me because it's my birthday.

I press my lips on hers, only to have her pull away again. I furrow my brows as she chuckled at my face. "You can't be tired, Kenma."

"My lips won't be the one moving in the court, (Y/n)." I kiss her forehead and smiled. I just want to keep hugging her.

I'm embarrassed myself for realizing how different I am when I'm around her. She is my girlfriend after all, she shouldn't be getting the cold end. Also, how can I be cold when her smiles are as bright as the sun? Her laugh is contagious.

If you're curious about me, I was always hesitant. It just hit me when she said she likes me— well she mouthed it and I saw it. I never knew I had feelings for her, all I did was to make up for my mistakes. I've hurt her more than once.

Even when she was already my girlfriend, the first few days of being with her and doing all kinds of things. It almost felt like a free trial. But in the end, what I felt just grew and I just wanted to be there for her. She's bright but she's always scared of something.

"Kenma-san—" It's Nakamura. "U-Uhm.. It's time for the matches. We're up first.." He scratched his cheek, looking a bit awkward for seeing us like this. The first years act like they're innocent when they're not.

"We'll be there." He gave us a bow before heading back. I give (Y/n) more kisses, I'm being needy today. It's my birthday. "Let's go—"

"Actually, I'm going to buy everyone a beverage." Excuse me? I immediately furrowed my brows, not wanting her to leave the gymnasium without me.

(Y/n) was too persistent. I didn't want us to argue over that, she'd be sulking if I said no until the end. She's stubborn. Sometimes I like it, sometimes I don't. I instead saw her off and waited until I saw her enter the store. I feel nervous whenever she leaves on her own.