15

"What do I say?!" I ask my friends, looking at them one by one as I click the power button of my phone repeatedly.

The three of them gave me a look, "Are you seriously asking yourself your answer?" I let out a cough, feeling something scratch my throat. I need water. "Of course your answer's yes!" Maki's smile grew wider as she spoke, eyes glistened with the light. Ena and Honami nodded in agreement.

"We should pick our own dresses too! Let's hurry and look for the other things that we need." Honami cheers, giving me a smile before dragging the others away.

I'm just seated here, looking at his message as I thought if the best way of answering him. The girls are still looking for their dresses so I have time to think. Maybe, "Sure," nope not that, "Okay," sounds like I'm uninterested, "Gladly," definitely not! Ugh what should I reply? I give up.

ME: Okay :)

The workers called me to get changed so they can get the dress ready for me. I went to the fitting room and they helped me undress, I can't reach the ribbons on my back. The dress is pretty complicated, I would really need my friends' help. I head outside and saw them in their gowns, they all look beautiful.

We got our gowns and we all headed to find heels, I really wish I could just wear flats. My gown would definitely cover my feet, so why should I even bother?

I told Maki that I didn't want to wear heels and I also told her the reason why, I got scolded. She made me sit on the bench while the three of them searched for heels. I couldn't just sit on the bench so I roamed around the store. I saw a Maroon one, it's a peep-toe stiletto, it's really cute.

I asked for a size 8 to try it out, looking around while they got it for me. I have a body bag with me and all their gowns too, they're in boxes but damn, they're heavy. I'm tired with just holding everything for everyone. I saw another pair, it's an ankle strap this time, it's floral! I suddenly want this instead, I also asked for them in my size.

I don't really wear heels so I suck at walking in them? But not to the point where I wouldn't be able to walk? The heel isn't that high, it's better that way. I may be shorter than Kenma but if I have heels on, nah I'd still be shorter.

I sat on the bench to try them out, feeling so happy with how the stilettos felt, but the floral look of the ankle strap makes me want it. I tried walking in them, and I'm not losing my balance! I'm practicing in these when I get home. I wore the floral heels, smiling at how pretty they were. I feel like my girly mode is activated.

"Oh my— (Y/n)! Those are pretty!" I turn to my friends and they were all surprised. I look at my feet and smile, I think I'll get these. "Your inner fashionista has been brought out." I furrow my brows at her, hearing the three of them chuckle.

I look at my feet in the mirror, they look good! I'll get these! "I think I'm done picking mine, how about you guys?" They showed theirs and wow, Honami has three pairs in her hands. We're all becoming girls (not that we aren't, we just don't dress up) just for this prom.

I changed back into my sneakers, feeling so relaxed after taking the heels off. I decided to get the floral pair, I think they fit me more than the stilettos. We all paid for our heels, making me look at Ena. I'm actually wondering if Ena's got enough money for her things, she's only working part-time.. but she said she's fine, so I guess I should just believe her.

This is where the fun actually begins— or maybe not? My friends dragged me to MAC, Sephora, and all these makeup stores. I recommend that, since this is only a one-time event, we all should just get one palette that has all the colors but, Maki protested and so did the other two. I was trying to help them save money but, okay.