Insecure

Chapter 3: Insecure

*Late Afternoon*

"Kensei….Kensei"

"Hmm?"

"Kensei!"

"What?"

"People are banging on the door wanting you, and I don't think I should answer."

I sat up because he had a sad look on his face "Why?"

He then turned away sighing, "Well, if people found out, you know, about what we did, I just don't want to ruin your image or be a burden."

"WHAT! That's ridiculous Shuhei, you were never a burden to me, you are a blessing and I take pride walking next to you as a lover, hell I can walk along the main streets of any city, hold your hand, and give you kisses so the whole world and Soul Society will know that I love you and that we are together. So please Shuhei never think those thoughts again."

"Kensei" He then wrapped his arms around me showering me with kisses. Then to hear the banging at the door again.

"Kensei, you alive I'll break the door down at the count of ten, one, two."

Memories of the night before making me laugh as I could see myself running naked through the woods and into my room holding a naked Shuhei. I had Shuhei open the door because I was still naked under the covers. At the door was Shinji, Rose, Lisa, and Mashiro with all of their mouths agape.

"Who are you?" They all yelled at the same time then looking at me.

I was a little agitated, "Can't you tell, look a little closer?" They all were looking at the half naked Shuhei, his eyes widened in embarrassment as the four Vizards were staring at him. Then Shinji jumped back a few steps.

"No, it couldn't be, its little Shuhei" Shinji running and embracing him into a big hug, as the other three were in shock to believe that this kid was the same one that Kensei saved all those years ago. With Lisa smiling with her fic loving eyes, Mashiro giving a pouty look, and Rose just looking off into space looking as he still can't remember him.

Shinji pulled back his hug smiling, "Shuhei, look at you, you have gotten so big and strong. Kensei, you chose well, I know you will take care of him, and I know he will be good for you too. Maybe now you won't be such a sourpuss.'' Shinji letting out a laugh before swallowing his breath as he saw my hollow or demon aura surrounding me.

He and the others ran as they saw my face in Shinji's last comment, but as I took off after them I was stopped by a gentle hand on my shoulder. I turned to see a smiling Shuhei.

"C'mon Kensei lets let it be for now, you can get back at them later."

I was angry at Shinji but he always tells the truth, Shuhei is good for me, but am I good for him? He is young, will he find someone better for him, and will I be left behind. These thoughts hurt my chest, this aching, when I even think about Shuhei I can't breathe. I was lost in thought until I saw Shuhei looking at my depressed expression as he lifted his hands to caress my cheeks until I stopped him by holding his hands and gently kissing his forehead. Leaving my lips there I couldn't help but feel my lips quivering and having a tear run down my face.

I have so much doubt in myself, I'm so pathetic, he deserves so much better than me. I'll just hold him back. I just don't want to lose him. He could feel me quivering and crying like the coward that I have become.

"Kensei, what's wrong?''

"Shuhei, I'm sorry, what Shinji said, it just got to me a little bit."