Chapter Thirty One:

Emery Scott~

Did the events that occurred yesterday really happen? It's hard to believe that the mysterious blue eyed boy who has be curious from the first day I laid my eyes on him is now my boyfriend.

Thinking of Axel like that sent tingles through my spine, all I wanted to do from the minute I woke up was to be dropped home just so we could talk.

I placed the last few things I needed to take back with me into my bag and made my way downstairs where my mum and dad sat at the kitchen island.

"Morning baby" my mum called as I placed my bags down walking to where they were.

"Good morning" I replied as I placed a kiss on her cheek stealing a slice of her toast earning a 'hey' from her, I giggled as I poured myself a cup of coffee.

"When did you wanna leave?" My dad questioned. As he placed his journal on the table.

"Whenever your ready? I have some plans and I want to get my books ready and everything for when we go back to school, I also I have to sort a few things in my room" I replied earning a 'your mother's daughter' from my dad.

The drive back to the dorm went a little to quickly; although my dad can be a grumpy unreasonable arse I do love spending time with him. We bickered about some novels on the way back and the playlist he made for me the other week until we reached my new home.

I smiled softly as I opened my car door, my dad carried my bags to to the door for me but was hesitant with leaving. "Emery, be careful" my dad grumbled. "I don't want you to get hurt" I smiled lightly and nodded. "Boys like him, they come with a past and I don't want it coming to bite you, I love you and I just want you to be happy" he murmurs. I know my mum must have spoken to him and I'm grateful for that.

"I'll be okay dad" I replied as I hugged him one last time.

Eventually we said goodbye and I found myself sitting at the window of my bedroom. I had Wuthering Heights  in my hand lost in the world of Heathcliff and Catherine.

I held a highlighter to the pages and lined the quotes that reminded me mostly of Axel.

'He shall never know I love him: and that, not because he's handsome, but because he's more myself than I am. Whatever our souls are made out of, his and mine are the same.'

Emily Bronte's words always were music to my eyes. My mums birthday is the same day she died, and for tribute when I was little she would read me pages until I fell asleep. My dad always thought that they were fools, that love was only found on worn pages of a book but that was until he found his version of a happily ever after.

My phone began to buzz and I smiled at the name rhat flashed on my screen.

Axel.

"Why hello, and what do I owe you this pleasure?" I asked as I answered the call. His dark laugh echoed through the speaker sending shivers down my spine.

"Well aren't you in a good mood... let me guess you're reading a book" he replied

"What makes you think that?" I asked with a giggle.

"Because I know you and also I'm outside your window, I can see the book in your hand" I shook my head and I looked to where he was in fact standing.