㊶I Have To Be There For Him

Start from the beginning

"It figures because it's impossible to find. The door to the VIP section is a part of the wall. Only I can open it by placing my hand on a certain spot. Anyway, people come to the VIP section to try Kang's cocaine. And if they like it, I'm the one selling it to them."

Seongwu stopped writing and glanced at him with raised brows. "How do you expect to not go to jail if you're a drug dealer?"

"Just listen first." Taehyung sighed heavily as he was worried he couldn't be there for Jeongguk. "I sell them cocaine, but I don't make any profit out of it. Think of me as the middleman. The clients buy cocaine from me, I leave the money in a safe in my office, and the next day, Kang's sidekicks come and take it. I don't even have a share of these earnings. Kang gives me a paycheck for running the club, not for drugs."

Seongwu continued writing at a fast rhythm, and once he finished, he shot him a dubious glance. "Why is that, though? Why didn't you demand to take half of the earnings or something? That's what most of them do."

"I don't want to live like this. I don't care about being ridiculously rich. I only care about having enough money to live. And the paycheck Kang was giving me was more than enough."

"Okay, but do you have evidence of everything you just said?"

"I do. There's another secret place at Hayan Night where I hide the drugs Kang sends me. Also, did you know that Kang makes the drugs himself? He has people to do that for him, actually. I don't know where he makes the drugs, but with every package, he sends a note with the exact ingredients and how strong it is. You see, he had told me to give the best quality the first time the clients try his cocaine and then sell them a cheaper one. Also, I give high-quality cocaine only to a few people who buy big amounts."

"And what, are your clients so stupid they can't tell if you gave them cheaper cocaine?"

"Most of them yes, they are, but the main difference is that the effect of the drug wears off faster, so most of them don't realize it. And to those who do and question me about it, I give them high-quality cocaine again."

"I see. But the cocaine is in the club you're running, Taehyung. With what I have until now, you are going down for this, not Kang."

"Yes, but the club is under Kang's name. Everything has Kang's name on it. I told you, I'm just the middleman and I never even used drugs before. I don't have a criminal record, I've never even been to a police station before. I only work for him because I didn't have a place to stay. I was going to die if I didn't accept his deal. I still have all the contracts he made me sign over the years. And there are mentions of drugs in there. Also, he had put his sidekicks to beat me up countless times. He told them to beat me to death today, and he beat me too. Can't you prove this?"

The officer finished writing and thought about everything he heard. "How can I prove that he beat you if he doesn't confess?"

"What about the sidekicks who beat me up? What did they say?"

"They aren't talking, but they are going to jail, anyway, since we caught them beating you. The point is if they will admit that Kang was the one who ordered them. And why did they beat you?"

"Kang is always putting his sidekicks to beat me up whenever I do something wrong or something he doesn't like. This time, I ignored his call, ran away when his sidekicks came to take me, and beat them up later because they wanted to get Jeongguk, the victim of the sexual assault. I couldn't just let them take him. Also, I told him I quit."

"So I guess you pissed him off real good." Seongwu snorted. "Good job." He gave him a thumbs up, making Taehyung crack a tiny smile.

"What about Wang? Is he going to jail?"