㊶I Have To Be There For Him

Mulai dari awal

"But the problem now is, do you have any evidence that Kang was the one making the drugs and making a profit out of them?" Namjoon asked.

"Don't worry about that. Did you go to my house today?"

"I did. Why do you have so much money hidden in your bedroom?"

"Over the years I've been working for Kang, I always hid an amount of money from my payment. I quit, anyway, and that means he can take everything I have, but now that he's in jail, I don't know what will happen."

"That's smart," Hoseok said with a small snort. "Should we go to the police station?"

"No. Call someone to come here. I need to talk to them first, and then you guys can back me up."

"Okay." Namjoon called back the officer and asked him to send someone there, but Seongwu said he would come himself.

Maybe a month ago making this decision wouldn't be so easy, but since Jeongguk came into his life, everything changed. And especially since he let him get hurt and couldn't protect him. He had to do everything he could to take his pain away.

Taehyung had already picked Kang over him once, and he would never make that mistake again. Although he couldn't realize it before, now he knew; nothing was and nothing would ever be as important as Jeongguk, the boy he loved the most, and the boy who gave his life meaning.

Once the officer arrived, he introduced himself, and they did the same. He then took a chair and placed it in front of Taehyung's bed. Namjoon readjusted the bed with a controller so Taehyung could sit up and look at the officer properly.

He took a recorder and a notebook out of his bag and laid his eyes on Taehyung. "Everything that will be said here is going to be recorded. Also, I would like to talk to all of you one by one, so can the three of you leave for now?"

The three boys bowed and left the room as the officer wrote down Taehyung's full name. "How old are you?"

"Twenty-five."

"Your parents?"

"I never met my father, and I left home at a young age. After a few months of staying in the streets, Kang found me."

The officer kept personal notes despite that the conversation was being recorded. "We know Kang well. We know who he is and what he does, but we don't have evidence to put him in jail. Can you help with that?"

"I'm the only one who can help with that."

"Good. So you've been working for him, correct?"

"Yes. But before I tell you everything I know, can you promise to help me to not go to jail?"

"Well." Seongwu chuckled. "That depends on what you have done."

"Despite that. Can you at least promise to try to help me? I can't go to jail. I have someone I need to take care of."

"Who do you have to take care of? You don't have any family as you said."

"There's one person who's very important to me and I have to be there for him."

The officer sighed as he nodded. "I promise I'll try if you help me put that man in jail."

Taehyung drew in a puff of calming air and vacated his lungs at a slow pace. "Do you know a club called Hayan Night?"

"Yes, it's one of Kang's clubs."

"Correct. Do you know there's a VIP section there?"

Seongwu's brows bumped together in a frown. "My team searched that place months ago and they didn't say anything about it."