Another "Normal" Day in Mystic Falls

Start from the beginning

"Exactly, no more Logan "Scum" Fell."

---

Elena drove me to my house so I could change clothes and grab my backpack. My mind must've slipped away last night because I forgot to bring a change of clothes with me. I ran inside and went up to my room, grabbing some clothes.

I headed to the bathroom, needing to take a shower. Once I finished, I brushed my teeth while tugging on my jeans. They make it look so easy in the movies.

I made my way downstairs, ready to leave when my aunt stopped me, "Hey, kiddo. Slow down. Where are you going?"

I grabbed a granola bar from the table as I slung my bag over my shoulder, "I have to get to school. Elena's waiting outside for me."

Aunt Lidia nodded, "Okay, kid. Don't fall, trying to rush."

"Mmkay, bye, love you," I yelled to her as I opened the door and sped walked over to Elena's car. I sat down in the passenger's seat and huffed.

Elena turned to me, an amused look on her face, "You know, you didn't have to rush, right?"

Oh.

---

Bonnie, Elena, and I were walking down the hallway. The other two were talking about something, but I wasn't paying attention, just doodling in my notebook.

"Did I miss something?" Elena asked, catching my attention as I raised my head from my notebook. "Miss what?"

Bonnie turned to me, "They've been hanging out." Oh. It was Caroline and Matt. I guess I didn't notice.

"Kind of weird, don't you think?" Elena asked, and I agreed with her. I mean, there's nothing wrong with them being friends or anything, but it's so random. Then again, I'm friends with them all of a sudden, so maybe it's not as weird as I think.

"She needs someone nice like him, as opposed to a homicidal vampire like Damon," Bonnie said. "I agree with you, Bon," she turned and smiled at me because of the nickname.

"Yeah, how are you doing with all that?" she turned to me, "how are you both doing?"

"I'm freaked out," Bonnie said, honestly, "Damon attacked me. I could be dead right now, but I'm also grateful."

"Hmm?" Elena asked as we made our way to our first class. "To Stefan. He saved my life, and..." Bonnie answered.

We made it to our lockers, and Elena unraveled her scarf from around her neck. "Have you seen him?" Bonnie asked, hopefully as I leaned against the lockers, my eyes observing the hall.

"Not since he told me he was leaving," Elena said as she opened her locker, shoving her scarf inside, "For all I know, he's already gone."

"He wouldn't leave without saying good-bye," Bonnie reasoned with her. Elena was quick to cut her off, "Yes, he would."

She pulled out a few notebooks and textbooks, "He thinks he's protecting me. Clean break and all that."

"So, what are you doing to do?"

"What am I supposed to do?" she said, turning back to us, "I already begged him not to go. If I ask again, I'm being selfish. It is what it is."

We started walking again. "Well, maybe it's for the best," Bonnie said, attempting to cheer her up.

"What? Why?" Elena said as she stopped walking, making me bump into her.

"I mean, what kind of future could you have had with him, even if he stayed?"