"Just ignore him." Dove said, pulling Harry away from the Slytherins and forcing herself not to look at Aspen with disappointment.

"You're supposed to stroke it." Hermione said, instructing Eleana to help her open the book. 

"Yeah." She replied as it gently popped open.

'Rawawk! Rrawk!'

The sound of heavy hooves and massive claws in the dirt grew louder as the students turned to see a massive beast, part eagle, part horse. It was a towering creature, close to the griffin, but had the front legs, wings, and head of a giant eagle and the body, hind legs and tail of a horse.

"Isn't he beautiful? Say hello to Buckbeak." Hagrid said, gesturing to the looming creature, throwing a dead ferret towards Buckbeak for him to eat.

"Hagrid, exactly what is that?" Lillian asked.

"That, Lillian, is a hippogriff. First thing you wanna know about hippogriffs is that they're very proud creatures. Very easily offended. You do not want to insult a hippogriff. It may be the last thing you ever do." He said as some students wrote his words down in a journal, taking notes.

"Now, who'd like to come and say hello?" Hagrid asked, frowning as the whole class stepped back - except for two.

"Well then, Harry and Dove, come on now." He said, instructing them to move forward slowly, as they did so.

"Now... you have to let him make the first move. It's only polite. So... step up. Give him a nice bow."

Harry and Dove walked slowly up to the large hippogryph, presenting a low bow.

"Just make your bow. Nice and low."

They waited in that position for what seemed like a couple hours, but, in reality, was only mere seconds. Buckbeak sniffed the air wildly, his eyes filled with caution as he backed up, swinging his front feet in the air aggressively. 

"Back off, Harry, Dove. Back off." Hagrid whispered as the students stumbled back, almost landing on each other.

"Keep still." He whispered again, tossing another dead ferret at Buckbeak. "Keep still."

Buckbeak calmed down as he approached the bowing students once more. Draco sneered, pushing through the crowd, taking a big bite out of his green apple. The hippogriff lowered itself towards the ground, taking a bow position.

"Well done, Harry and Dove. Well done." Hagrid said, patting the Gryffindors on the back. 

"Here, you big brute, you." He said, tossing Buckbeak yet another ferret.

Tentatively, Harry and Dove reached out, laying their hands on Buckbeak's sharp, dangerous. The class began to clap as Harry and Dove smile at the hippogriff. 

"Look at that! I reckon he might let yeh ride 'im" Hagrid smiled as Dove and Harry's smiled dropped.

"Wait... what?" Dove asked.

"Ye heard meh." Hagrid replied, picking up the students by the collar of their neck, ignoring their feeble attempts to escape and placed them on the large creature's back. Harry in front, clutching Buckbeak's neck, and Dove behind him, wrapping her arms around his waist.

"Put you over here, just behind the wing joint. And you here, behind Harry." Hagrid mumbled. "Don't pull out any of his feathers, because he won't thank yeh' for that."

Dove's arms tightened around Harry as he held Buckbeak's neck tighter. Before they were fully settled, Hagrid slapped Buckbeak's hindquarters.

Buckbeak galloped forward, causing Harry  and Dove to slide scarily back. Giant wings unfold beneath them, huge and powerful. They soared into the air, rising higher, and higher.