1. Is everyone okay?

HAPPY 5TH ANNIVERSARY OF UNDERTALE! IT'S BEEN A LONG JOURNEY, HUH! 

So, what happened after the events of the last book? let's see!

Shift arrived in the barrier room, looking panicked. Sans walked over to her. "we're all okay. the human here handled the threat. He's... gone now. Shift hugged Sans tight. "the Amalgamates... they turned against civilians. I thought it was the end..." 

Caveat, Melody, and Alphys warped into the room. Asriel raised an eyebrow looking at Caveat, but said nothing.

The rest of the royal guard arrived soon after, checking everyone for injuries. other than having a few years scared out of them, everyone seemed fine. Prota turned to Frisk. 

"Your Highness, I was wondering if you knew how to leave the barrier." Frisk shook her head. "The only way to do it would be if you could absorb a monster soul, and that would require killing them." she said. Prota nodded, considering their options. Humanity wasn't exactly something they wanted to go back to, though the surface was their home. and killing a monster didn't exactly appeal to them either.

"I think I'll stay here."  Frisk nodded, understanding passing between them.

"now then. another order of business." Asriel walked over to the two hybrids. Caveat embarrassedly let go of Melody's hand, leaning away from the king slightly. Asriel gave them a stern look. 

Caveat smiled nervously.

"I completely approve!" Asriel said, dropping the act. 

Alphys looked at the dust at the edge of the barrier. "s-so, he's really gone then? he's actually dead?" she asked. Sans nodded. 

Undyne looked at Alphys. a gash was torn out of the side of her lab coat. she immediately rushed to her, checking the scar left by Melody's healing. "they got you good, huh Al?" 

all of them walked through the throne room, arriving in the last corridor. Frisk looked around. sometimes the sight of it still sent a shiver down her spine. "after that, the public will want a statement. you're the most qualified for it. Can you get it done?" she asked Sans.

Sans sighed, rubbing the back of his skull. He hated giving speeches. His wedding day was bad enough, talking to the entire kingdom and trying to calm them down? He'd take on Gaster or a homicidal human any day. 

"fine, give me a bit." hopefully he'd find a way to dodge the responsibility.

Wow! it's been over a year since I published the first book. Since then, I've put my soul into this story, and this story into my soul. I know one-shot's can be a bit boring compared to long stories, but bear with me! the story will only continue from here!