Chapter (49): Sweet As Sugar

Start from the beginning

"I love you too, Ave. More than you even know"

Avery kissed her softly on the lips then broke the kiss and Danni took her hand and they both went to sit on the couch.

"How did it go with your mom?"

She shook her head. "Bad. I'm sorry you lost your job"

"Nah... it's fine. I'd rather lose my job than lose you" She smiled.

"Danni it's okay if you are sad about it..."

"I'm not. Really" She held her hand. "It was expected anyway. To have the rejection from your mother and get fired. I expected that but I've to admit I didn't expect her to have photos of us kissing" She frowned. "How did she get them by the way?"

She bit her bottom lip. "... Rick did"

"Rick?... Why?"

"Okay, promise you won't get angry"

"Ave, you are scaring me. What is it?"

"Just promise me"

She sighed then nodded. "I promise"

"The day I was out... I was hanging out with him and when we came home, he tried to kiss me but I stopped him and I'm guessing he saw us outside the house kissing and that's how mom have the photos. I think he was jealous?"

"W-Why didn't you tell me about that before?"

"Because, Danni, after everything we've been through, Ryan, Raymond and now Rick, I know how you'd react. You would want to kick their asses. I'm sorry I didn't tell you about Rick and I didn't say anything about it because nothing happened between us. I swear"

"... I believe you. You don't have to explain anything. I didn't like him in the first place. He always looked at you... and it made me mad"

"Yeah, I figured" She chuckled lightly.

"Avery!" said Ben coming out of the room.

He went running to her and she beamed at him when he jumped in her embrace.

"Hey there. How are you?"

"Good!" He turned to Danni. "Why didn't you tell me she was here?"

"Because you were asleep, sleepyhead"

"We didn't want to wake you up" said Avery playing with his hair. "I should go now"

"No stay!" said Ben clutching at her. "I missed you"

"Aww, I missed you too, Ben"

"Then stay and eat Danni's chocolate cake!"

Danni chuckled and looked at Avery. "Chocolate cake, huh. Sounds yummy"

"You are staying?" asked Ben and she looked at Danni who nodded at her.

"Sure"

"Yay!"

*****************************

Meredith was pacing in her office and Carter arrived with a worried look on his face.

"Honey, calm down" he said.

"I can't. I can't. She isn't picking up her phone. She turned it off on purpose"

"She needs space so give it to her"

"How could you say something like that?! She is my daughter, Carter, and she is claiming that she is gay because of that..." She sat on the chair and sighed.

"Have you ever thought that she was gay all this time and she was scared to tell you because she knew you'd reject her?" He bent down on his knees and looked her in the eye.