𝚃𝚠𝚎𝚕𝚟𝚎

Start from the beginning

Instead of telling her everything in my mind, I shake my head, "no, I don't..."

"Then just teach him the exact opposite, how about that?" Her tone wouldn't be so harsh if she realized my thoughts. I don't know, maybe they would be harsher, angrier, and maybe even deadly.

I sigh, "what were we talking about?" I question, genuinely confused on what we were just discussing. I got too caught up in my thoughts.

Tessa let's out an aggressive sigh as she abruptly stands. "I've had enough with you! It's your fault, you fucking fix it! End of story." She begins to storm off but I grab her wrist.

"Wait, I'm sorry okay! I have a lot on my mind." I explain, not caring to elaborate. "I'll talk to him, okay? Just give me time to think." I say gently, and I watch as she lowers her head, her eyes still glaring into mine. "Don't be mad at me." I plead. Being with Tessa for a good 22 years has really educated me on how to please her. All she wants is a soft voice and gentle touch. Well, she sometimes likes it rough.

She sighs, looking at the wall past me with a defeated expression. "Fix this, okay?" Her voice is equally calm.

I nod, and she turns around and walks up the stairs leaving me in the basement.

I sigh and look around my office. I could write some more while I gather my confidence to tell Auden. I can't tell him right now because Tessa is probably already taking him to class as we speak. I sit down in my chair and open my bottom drawer, pulling out my typewriter. I haven't used this typewriter in a few days. Ever since Emery shredded all the mistakes I did, I was afraid to make any more.

My mind trails back to Tessa. I know she's mad at me. Maybe I can figure out a way for her to forgive me... she'll be home in maybe an hour since the school is at least thirty minutes away.

First, I'm going to need some help...

◉‿◉

TESSA.

I sigh with frustration when I realize I forgot my key, and I am now locked out of the house. Great, the one time Hardin actually remembers to lock the door when he's home alone.

I knock furiously on the door, more like pounding. I'm so pissed at Hardin, and I don't even want to try and talk to him but here I am pounding on the door.

He's quick to pull the door open, and shock covers his face. "Fuck, it's not ready!"

He shuts the door in my face, and it takes everything in me not to scream. Luckily he keeps the door unlocked, so I walk inside. Hardin is no where to be seen, and I feel relieved.

I scan the room, confused in what he's talking about by 'isn't ready.' What isn't ready? My eyes then land on a box, and I furrow my eyebrows.

I walk closer, looking around to see if Hardin is watching before lifting the white cardboard. Inside I see my charm bracelet, and I quickly check my wrist. I guess I forgot it this morning. There's also a note inside.

I slowly pick up the sticky note and examine it before reading,

'𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘢 𝘴𝘦𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘥 𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘨𝘩𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘱𝘶𝘳𝘱𝘰𝘴𝘦𝘭𝘺 𝘭𝘦𝘧𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘰𝘯 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘯𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘭𝘪𝘻𝘦𝘥 𝘩𝘰𝘸 𝘴𝘵𝘶𝘱𝘪𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘸𝘢𝘴. 𝘛𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘴𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘩𝘰𝘸 𝘪𝘯𝘴𝘦𝘤𝘶𝘳𝘦 𝘐 𝘢𝘮.
𝘐 𝘴𝘱𝘦𝘯𝘵 5 𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘶𝘵𝘦𝘴 𝘵𝘳𝘺𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘰 𝘧𝘪𝘨𝘶𝘳𝘦 𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘢 𝘤𝘰𝘰𝘭 𝘳𝘪𝘥𝘥𝘭𝘦, 𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘐 𝘤𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥𝘯'𝘵.
𝘚𝘰... 𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘨𝘰 𝘶𝘱𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘪𝘳𝘴.
- 𝘏𝘢𝘳𝘥𝘪𝘯'