Ch. 48 Betrayal

"Raza, promise me you'll stay here with mom and protect her." Eleanor whispered to the cute child in front of her as she squatted down to meet his eyes.

Raza stared blankly at her for a sec before nodding, "I'll do anything mama says."

'..Like what I'm ordered to.' Raza thought seeing Eleanor breath a sigh of relief.

"Thank you" Eleanor kissed Raza's forehead and hugged him before sneaking out of her room through her balcony.

"My lady! Where are you going?!" Emma screamed at the top of her lungs.

Eleanor put her finger on her lips, "Shh!"

Emma was confused but she trusted her lady wouldn't do anything reckless, "...I understand, come back safely." Emma smiled and shook her head helplessly.

Eleanor turned away from Emma then hopped in a carriage not far in the distance, "Why is everyone here?" Eleanor said with wide eyes.

"We decided to come along!" Alastair shouted and Hugo nodded.

Constantine turned seriously to her, "Sis, Don't worry I'll protect you." Constantine said with a determined look. 'Yes, even if i have to die trying, I'll protect you at all cost.' He thought.

Charles yawned, "I was bored, so i decided to come along."

Eleanor laughed with teary eyes, "THANK YOUUUUUUUU! WUUUUUUUUU!"

They couldn't help but facepalm, "Stop crying would ya? Outsiders would think we bullied you." Hugo said shaking his head. While Constantine was fumbling his hand around trying to stop Eleanor from crying.

Eleanor sat beside Cole who was silent this whole time. Eleanor thought Cole was angry at her for hiding this but unexpectedly Cole sneakily intertwined his hands, of course they all noticed but turned a blind eye.

~Flashback~

"You mean your mother did all this?" Cole said through gritted teeth seeing all her bruises and cuts.

"Shh! Keep your voice down, only you and Emma knows about this."

"...I...I'm sorry." Cole rested his forehead on Eleanor's shoulder.

"You must've been scared." Cole whispered as Eleanor shook her head and smiled.

She had to stay strong in front of him, who had gone through the same thing.

"I'm alright, as long as everyone's alive, I'll be fine." Eleanor said as Cole grabbed her hands and placed a kiss on her bruised wrist.

Cole stared at her with his blue eyes glinting, "I'll protect you after i become stronger, wait for me."

Eleanor smiled, "If i had to choose I'd marry you right here and then." She laughed but someone took it seriously.

He went away to teleport to find a priest, "STOPPPPPP! I was joking!!" She said as she hugged his waist.

"Finally you aren't faking your smile anymore." Cole said grazing his thumb on her lips as tears continuously fell one by one on her eyes.

"I should've been there for you, I'm sorry, my princess." Cole said as Eleanor shook her head and smashed her lips against her.

"Don't be sorry, you did nothing wrong, if anything it's all Lilian's fault." She whispered as she burrowed unto his hard chest.

Cole patted her back but could not hide is killing intent leaking.

~End of Flashback~

"We've arrived?" Eleanor said looking around the villa who was covered in vines.