Chapter 7- The Yule Ball

~Anna's POV~

A month has passed. It's November 30th which means tomorrow is December first. This Christmas is going to be different than the rest. For example, no one's going home. This year there's supposed to be some sort of ball. And that's how I woke up. I woke up to the sounds of people laughing and running around. I sat up and realized that neither Lily or Evie were in bed. I got dressed and went down to the common room. There I saw Lily. Once she saw me she waved for me to go join her.

"Whats going on?" I asked.

"The ball!" I was confused and barely awake.

"The what?" I said still dazed.

"There's going to be a ball on Christmas Day! They're calling it the 'Yule Ball'" I have never been to a proper ball so trying to figure everything out right when I woke up was hard.

As you can imagine lunch in the great hall was crazy. Everyone is excited, nervous, and scared for the upcoming events. Even though all of this was going on I still couldn't stop thinking and worrying. I was scared for Cedric. The way everyone was talking and how dumbledore announced it, it seemed like a death trap. I needed some space and I wasn't hungry so I got up and started walking towards the common room when I heard footsteps behind me.