Chapter 6- The encounter and Amortentia

~Lily's POV~

I lay on my bed looking up at the ceiling. Both Anna and Evie were fast asleep. They are both deep sleepers who like to go to bed early. It was nice talking to Harry all afternoon. I don't know but he's different. We have been talking in herbology together because we both don't have our other friends in it. I didn't tell Anna because I didn't think she would make it a big deal but she did. After we finished studying earlier in our dorms she went off on me about how she likes the idea of me and Harry and how I should have told her right away. I just can't stop thinking about my encounter with Harry last year.

We were in potions making Amortentia, the strongest love potion they say. I thought it was gonna be normal, you walk up to the potion, smell it and say it smells like something you love. It was Anna's turn, she stepped forward, smelled it and she said it smelled like her rose scented candle and christmas cookies. The cookies that she makes with her family every year. Then it was my turn. I stepped towards the potion but I couldn't tell what it smelt like. It was almost plain but a hint of something but I couldn't put my mind on what it was. I lied and said that I smelled blueberries and pies from the bakery by my parents house that we always go to. I did love that smell and that bakery, so why didn't the potion actually smell like that? I stepped back with the rest of the class then it was Harry's turn. He stepped forward and he didn't say anything. He looked confused, he looked how I felt.

"Umm, cinnamon" And he stepped back with the others with no explanation and his face still confused. I knew it wasn't cinnamon he had smelt. If it was he would have said that right away. Later in that class we were both still confused. We were sitting at desks opposite from each other and made eye contact a few times. Still to this day I don't know what he smelled and I don't know what I smelled either. I just think it was strange because the explanation I have for it is that the potion doesn't work for either of us.