Chapter 1- Back at Hogwarts

~Annas POV~

I woke up to someone pushing me back and forth.

"Anna, Anna, Anna, wake up we're almost there."

I slowly opened my eyes to see my best friend Lily sitting across from me. I slowly sat up and rubbed my eyes. I looked out the big rectangle window to see us moving by trees and rivers.

"When did I fall asleep?" I asked.

"About 15 minutes in. And you slept like a log, at one point I thought you were dead."

I brushed through my long dark brown hair with my fingers in an attempt to look more alive. Lily passed me my black robes aligned with yellow and I put them on. About 10 minutes later we heard the whistle. We arrived at Hogwarts. Lily and I gathered all our stuff from the train and started walking out. When I stepped out I spotted my brother, Cedric. He's 2 years older than me but we get along pretty well. We walked over to him and he was holding my tie.

"Forgetting something?" He asked and just smirked.

I snatched the tie from his hands and secured it around my neck. We walked towards the carriages and the three of us sat in the first one available.

"So, fourth year." Cedric started.

Lily and I just nodded, at the start of every year he always gives us a lame and somewhat cheesy speech about what it was like when he was in that year and advice, all that stuff.

"You know, that's when I got my first girlfriend. Anna you remember Nat don't you?"

I do remember her. Every holiday she would come stay with us because her parents were always away on work trips. She would bake lots and always smelled of cinnamon. I liked her. I remember when they broke up how upset Cedric was. He just wasn't the same, to be fair they dated for just over a year. Cedric has had all summer to get over it and thank god he did.

Cedric looked at Lily with a goofy smile. I knew what he was gonna say.

"So Lily, Potter?"

Yup, I knew it. She looked at me and I could see her blushing. She's never really liked anyone the same age as us before, but ever since her encounter with Harry last year I could tell that he was different to her.

The carriage soon came to a stop and we all went to the Hufflepuff common room. Lily and I headed up to our dorm which we shared with a girl named Evie. Ever since our first year Evie has been very quiet. We got to know her a bit and when she gets comfortable around you she'll become less and less shy, but we still aren't super close. When we got to our dorm we could see that Evie had already unpacked all her things so we assumed she went down to the library.

My trunk was sitting there on my bed and Lily's on her bed. I got a rush of joy and excitement when I opened it up because half of the things in my trunk I haven't seen all summer like my pictures that I hang around my bed and my rose scented candles. I don't know why but for some reason the rose scent from the candle and the rustic smell from the castle walls mixed together is comforting.