Chapter Nine: Ducks Fly Together

Start from the beginning

"We can't make it. Iceland's bigger, stronger, faster. They got more facial hair." Averman said. (Y/n) who was sitting next to him took her water bottle and squirted water on his face.

"Breath, Lester." (Y/n) said. Slowly Averman started to calm down and pay attention to the game. As the team kept getting him, Bombay tapped Adams' shoulder.

"Banks your on. Just be careful." Coach Bombay said.

Banks quickly took control of the puck and kept it away from Iceland before Sanderson slammed his stick into his injured arm. The entire team sat up from the bench screaming and yelling in anger. Coach Bombay quickly made them sit before yelling himself.

"Hey, ref, why don't you call something?! He almost took his arm off!" Coach Bombay exclaimed.

"That'll be two minutes." the ref said as he put Sanderson in the penalty box.

"Two minutes well worth it." Sanderson said. Coach changed the players again, finally letting (Y/n) on the ice.

'Now the crowds doing the wave trying to get team U.S.A back in the game. It may be working. Team U.S.A up to center Ice. (Y/l/n) to the blue line of Iceland. Drops it back to Mendoza. Ducks under a check. Robertson with it now. He's got great moves with the puck. Robertson still with it. Portman calling for it in front of the net. Robertson knocked from behind and Iceland will take over'

As Iceland takes the puck, Luis rushes after the player leaving the rest of the teams behind.

'Here's Luis Mendoza in a foot race trying to catch Amselik. Amselik on the break away he could make it three-nothing. Mendoza trying frantically to catch up. Amselik moving in on Goldberg. Gets hit from behind.'

Luis fell taking Amselik and Goldberg with him. The puck did make it in the net giving Iceland a three-to-nothing lead. Team U.S.A switched players and tried to do the flying V but ended up getting Knocked down by Iceland. Iceland took the puck and scored.

The second half started and the team got ready for the puck drop. (Y/n) looked up to see a smirking Sanderson behind her.

"You guys wanna ease up a little bit?" Averman asked as he stood in front of an Iceland player. The player only smirked.

"Just thought I'd ask." Averman added.

'Off the face-off Avermen gets knocked down by Gunnar Stahl. And the heavy hitting by Iceland continues. It's going to take something drastic for Team U.S.A to turn this game around.'

Back on the bench, Dean and Fulton looked at each other before doing their handshake and putting on their bandanas.

"Party!" the Bash Brothers exclaimed before slamming an Iceland player into the glass. Team U.S.A started cheering on their Bash Brothers. The two continued exclaiming as they took out another player.

'Iceland trying to pad their lead in the second period. Number 74 spins around, he's right in the slot. He shoots! And a save by Goldberg. (Y/n) (Y/l/n) picks it up behind the U.S.A net. She weaves her way up to center ice, she's going to try and split the Iceland defence.'

(Y/n) then ducks last minute and slips under the arms of Iceland. She quickly stops in front of the Iceland net but without the puck. Fulton then stops in front of Iceland with the puck.

"Pretty cool, huh?" Fulton said before passing to
(Y/n).

'Fulton back to (Y/n). She shoots. She scores!'

Team U.S.A starts to cheer before all the boys squish (Y/n) in a hug. The boys left, not hearing the sexsist comment the goalie made towards (Y/n). Unfortunately for him (Y/n) did hear and turned to him.