~Chapter 6~

The moonlight reflected off of the man's skin, making his large smile look even more demented.

I opened my mouth large enough to let out a scream, yet his oddly large hand covered my mouth just in time. "Now, now; we wouldn't want a pretty voice like yours to to to waste, would we?"

I stayed lay back on the floor, not knowing how to move. I was going to die. I don't want to die.

It was silent for who knows how long; the man's hand moved to my cheek, cupping it. I flinched at the reaction, making him frown.

"I'm not here to hurt you." he said. "I guess I did give you a mouth full of blood, however."

A metallic taste sat on my tastebuds, and I instantly cringed at the feeling. I didn't notice the side of my mouth was bleeding until now.

"Are you going to speak?" He cocked his head to the side.

"Are you going to tell me who you are?" I quietly said, not wanting to sound angry. If I had an attitude with this man, would he hurt me?

He only smiled. "Do I sound familiar?"

I gulped. No. No, he shouldn't sound familiar. But he had the same accent...

Was he the same person in my dreams?

"Well?" He asked again, growing impatient. "Do you know who I am?"

"Maybe..." I shakily said.

The man hummed happily and stood up from his crouching position above me. With his boots hitting along the floor, he slowly walked over to my light on the wall and switched it up. The brightness of the room made my head spin more than it was already.

Yet when he turned around and faced me, he was nothing like I expected.

He was probably around 6 ft, and towered over me. He looked directly into my eyes as of reading my thoughts; his eyes a soft emerald shade of green. He had short yet long dark chestnut colored hair that made his jaw structure look incredible. He was slightly tanned and had long, noticeable dimples forming from his pink, heart shaped, evil grin. The man looked very young; too young.

If I wasn't freaking out right now, I would say he was beautiful.

I expected a rotten, foul, ugly man with a devious smile; he was nothing close to that.

Well, he had the smile.

"Are you done gawking at me?" He crossed his arms over his chest. He had tattoos, but that wasn't my main focus.

I let out a whimper and sat up, bringing my knees to my chest. "How did you get in my house?"

"Your window." He simply shrugged.

I remember being puzzled by the open window downstairs. Downstairs...

Cya and Niall!

"Are you going to hurt my friends?" I asked cautiously.

The man paused before shaking his head. "No, don't worry. Killing them would be a waist of our time, anyway."

Relief came over me with knowing my friends probably will be safe, but not completely. "Who are you? W-what do you want with me?"

He rolled his green eyes. "So cliché."

"Just tell me who you are!" I said louder. The man uncrossed his arms and, in one swift move, gripped my arm so that I could stand up. I stumbled into his chest trying to push away from him, but his grip on me was too strong.

"You know exactly who I am." He gripped my other wrist, holding me in place.

My heart pounded against my chest. "No! No I don't!"

"Really?" He mocked me, my fear now turning into anger. "Does hanging a lovely young woman ring a bell?"

I instantly stopped struggling and looked into the man's eyes. "Oh my god...you're the murderer?!"

He killed Mary! And now he's coming after me?! I'm going to die!

He rolled his eyes again. "I guess your friend's story about me didn't quite get to your head, love."

"Story?!" I shrieked, anger filling my insides as if flooding my organs. "What damn story?! Who the hell are you?!"

Before the man could respond, I brought my foot to his knee, at the perfect angle to break his bone.

The man didn't flinch. I tried kicking him again, but he still didn't move.

My eyes widened, as well as his smirk. He's not normal.

"Y'know, I've waited years for this...54 years to be exact." He said softly. 54 years? He looks so young. But he's not normal.

"Escaping that damn asylum just for you...it was all worth it." Asylum? 54 years?

"And now, I finally have you." His eyes met mine, making my breath hitch in my throat.

The man let go of me and stepped back, shoving his large hands in the pockets of his black jeans. "Now, I will ask you again: Do you know who I am?"

I stood there dumbfounded, not moving. This isn't normal, he's certainly not normal. Seriously, I was just dragged up stairs by some invisible force, how can I think that anything could be normal?

He's the man that killed Mr. Hanks' daughter, I know that. But when he brought up my friends...and some story. It all made sense, even if I didn't want it to.

I dropped to my knees, my breathing becoming heavy. He...can't be.

I heard him deeply laugh. "Say my name, darling. Say it-"

"The Madman." I breathed out. My glossy eyes met with his. "You're...The Madman."

The Madman looked straight into my eyes, his darker than before. "You couldn't be more right, darling."

~

Happy Lay In Bed All Day And Eat Junk Food While Watching Netflix Day! Otherwise known as Saturday! :)

Sooooo Selena and Harry officially met...what would you do if you met The Madman? ;)

Day