Waiting for the Sound of Thunder...

End of May, 1980:

Ring. Ring.
"Oh Simon that might be John!" I shouted up the stairs. He quickly ran down in his boxers! I chuckled. He smiled.
"Hello!" Simon exclaimed as he picked up the phone.

He was on the phone for a good 20 minutes. I was just there listening to as much as I could.

Simon put down the phone. "They want me to meet them today." He said.
"That sounds exciting!" I said hugging him tightly. I was so excited for him. "At the Rum Runner?" I asked.
"Yes. Are you coming with?" He asked.
"I mean I don't want to interfere..." I explained.
"Nooo. It's fine. Come!" He said as he kissed my forehead.

Later that day...

"Simon there is one poem in your book that really stood out to me when I read it." John said. "Sound of Thunder I think it was called?"
"Yes. That's one of my favourites!" I chipped in excitedly.
"Yes. I'm glad we agree Fiona." He said as he stared at me smiling. My cheeks turned red.
"May I put it to one of your instrumentals?" Simon asked.
"Yes. Of course."

I sat and watched them experiment with different melodies and instrumentals. They finally found the perfect one to match and Simon agreed to try out DD for the summer.

The next day...

I asked John to meet me in the cafe at our spot because I guess I just wanted to have a chat with him. He made me very happy. He seemed to understand me and I seemed to understand him.

"Why hello there Fi! How are you today?" John asked me as he sat down.
"Yeah I'm not bad!" I replied. "I'm just excited to watch you guys form as a band!"
"Ahh I'm glad you find it entertaining. We are still looking for a guitarist. Any ideas?" John asked me.
"No, I'm afraid I don't know anybody who plays guitar." I said in disappointment.
"Oh well, we'll find someone!" John exclaimed. "What you reading at the moment?" He asked.
"Pride and Prejudice." I replied.
"Ah wow! That's a good one." He said.
"Yes."
"Thank you for the other day by the way. It really helped take my mind off things. I've actually met someone else I quite like." John explained.
"Ah that's good! As long as your happy!" I said.
"Maybe you and Si could meet me and her at the pub later!?" He asked.
"Yes, that would be nice!" I replied. "I suppose I better get off then. I'll tell Simon. See you later!" I waved.
"Bye Fi!" John said smiling.