Chapter 8: Kyojuro Rengoku. Second Pillar Training Arc

Start from the beginning

"I'm glad you chose to speak with me. But anyway I'm going to prepare some food for you and a chocolate dessert seeing how it's being sold to the general public now" You replied happily.

After walking some more you finally made it to the butcher and afterwards to the bakery where you got all ingredients you needed to make your dishes. "I think that's all we need for today. Or is there anything you see that you might want?" You asked since she did come with you after all. She did not say anything but instead walked outside a tailor shop where a beautiful white cloak with no hood was on display, it actually seemed her size.

You could just tell it very much drew her attention. Without hesitating you hurried in and purchased it despite not having much money left on you.
When you came out you put it around her and tied it so it wouldn't fall. Her eyes gave a small shine showing that she was happy even though she didn't say it. You then took out a small piece of chocolate and gave it to her. "Here, eat it. I'm sure you will enjoy it" You said smiling with your eyes closed.

After this you respected the fact that she didn't want to talk unless ordered to do so and you both walked back to the Manor. Though she never said it she was happy for what you did for her, she now appreciated you.

You both arrived and you went directly to the kitchen and started getting everything ready to start cooking.

Meanwhile Kanao was sitting on the porch when Shinobu was passing by.
"Ara ara~ did you buy that when you were shopping with (Y/N)?" Kanao stayed silent for a moment but then pointed to the kitchen to which Shinobu started walking only to notice you cutting up the meat you bought.

"Did you get Kanao that white cloak?" She asked surprised. "Yeah, she seemed very interested in it when she saw it, so i bought it as a gift" You said while cooking the meat and started marinating the salmon. When you turned to see her she had taken off her haori and rolled back her sleeves.

"What can i help you with?" She asked while putting her head on your back and hugging you from the waist, after all you were way taller than her.

"Well you can help me cutting the fish" You said happily as she went over to that. Shinobu is actually a very good chef and cooks very delicious stuff. Even though this was supposed to be a surprise for everyone the help you got from her actually lifted a lot of weight off your shoulders.

"Do you think you can make some teriyaki salmon with Sriracha cream while i finish up this?" You asked meanwhile you were mixing the flour with the chocolate so the cake would turn out perfect so everyone could enjoy.

You put some pure white flour on your hands and decided to draw whiskers on your face to joke around while cooking. You then turned to see Shinobu so she could see what you did. When she turned to see you she had a light grin on her face.
"I don't stand anything with fur, but you're the exception" She said teasing you.

You inspected all your body and turned back to see her "I'm furry!?" You asked actually wondering if it was true. This made her laugh aloud, a laughter that you've never heard before. This made your eyes gleamed with happiness with this sight you could feel true happiness emitting from her, no more faking it for the sake of others.

When you finished cooking you called everyone over and fixed the table for everyone one to eat. "Please enjoy. And Kiyo, Naho, Sumi, if you all everything I'll give you the surprise i was talking about earlier" You told the 3 young girls as if you were there brotherly figure. They all looked worried as if it was a matter of life or death, this was just too cute.

You started walking out of the kitchen. "Huh? Are you not going to eat with us?" Shinobu asked covering her mouth with one hand. "I'll go check on the injured first" You said as you left the room.
When you made it to the injured room you noticed a guy probably some 4 years older than you crying and sobbing so you approached him as fast as you could.