Chapter 30: Sorano's Help

Bắt đầu từ đầu

"Is that it?" Lucy asked.

Erza nodded. "She did her part. Now it's up to us."

"I'm scared." Happy mumbled.

"We'll be okay." Wendy whispered to him. "Wait, what do we do when shifts change?"

"Uh, follow the others?" Gray suggested. 

"Night shift is coming. Positions!" Erza commanded. They all stood up straight as a few guards approached.

"Did night shift change or something?" One of the guards asked.

"I don't know." He stared at Erza. "Why are you guys here?"

"We were told to provide extra security since the invasion is soon." Erza said stoically.

"Ah, makes sense. Well, pray you get a different shift. Night shift is the worst." He yawned as he and the others walked further down and stood guard.

"Nice excuse." Gray whispered.

"Good thing they believed it." Erza smirked to herself.

-A Few Hours Later-

"My legs hurt." Lucy whined as she shifted. Her armor made a loud clatter.

"Deal with it." Erza hissed. "My back is killing me but there's nothing we can do about it."

"How much longer until morning?" Wendy asked.

"It is morning." Gray rolled his eyes.

"You know what I mean."

"Probably 2 hours. Now all of you be quiet!" He frowned. "We don't want to attract attention!"

"Hey!" The guard from earlier trotted up to them. "Let's go."

"Go?" Erza asked.

"The invasion. We're leaving now." He said as he left.

"Why are they leaving so early?" Lucy whispered to Erza as they followed.

"I'm not sure." Erza's brow furrowed in suspicion.

They gathered near the dock.

Brandish and Marin stood at the front of the group. "Listen up!" Marin commanded. "6 of you per ship. Stay in the formation we discussed. Make sure all of the needed equipment is on the ship. If anyone is missing something, they're getting a F-. And you know what that means."

"You're giving me a headache." Brandish complained. "Just do your jobs and don't cause trouble." She turned and walked to the largest ship. Marin scurried after her.

"Better find a ship." Gray muttered.

"Hopefully, it won't be missing equipment." Erza said. "And I hope we can figure out the formation."

"Eh." Happy shrugged. "It's not like it matters. We're gonna wreck all of these boats."

"This one." Lucy led them onto one of the boats. There were already people on board.

"What are you doing here?" One guard asked. 

"We need this boat." Wendy said simply.

"Why?"

"Because Lady Brandish commanded us to."

The guard scoffed. "Whatever." Her eyes widened. "Wait, you're not Alvarez soldiers! Get them!"

"What? How did she know?" Gray mumbled as he blocked her attacks.

"You reek of Ishgar." She smirked.

"Guess we have to do this the hard way." Erza sighed as she threw one guard into the water. "Lucy, start the ship."

"What? I can try..." Lucy pushed buttons and pulled levers until the boat moved.

Wendy immediately fell to her knees. "No..." 

Happy picked her up. "Take care of that girl!" Wendy fought her and hurled her into the ocean.

"I got the others." Erza yelled.

"This is the last one." Gray shouted. "Sorry." He grinned as he threw the last soldier into the water.

"That was easy." Lucy smirked.

"Time to get out of here." Erza mumbled.

"Look, the other ships are in formation!" Wendy pointed out. "Hurry!"

Lucy drove the boat to the end of the v formation. "I guess we'll take out the boat in front of us next."

Gray nodded. "I hope we can take them all out before its noticed."

"Probably not but we'll try our best." Wendy grinned.

"Aye sir!" Happy shouted.

Erza smiled. "I'm glad to hear it. Let's move to the next one."