bumper cars // phillip altman

a one shot of my favorite dumb little baby HAHAHA

You hadn't been to a carnival in years. Coming from a secluded, small town, you had rarely ever had the chance as a kid, but you knew they had one every year during the Fall in your new town. Sometimes, you'd even drive by just to see the bright lights and giant ferris wheel, welcoming the wave of joy that washes over you. Your heart always swells when you're near, the sound of delighted laughter and the smell of kettle corn calling to you.

So when some friends suggested a hangout at the carnival, you couldn't contain your excitement. Finally walking in, you allowed yourself to let that inner childlike wonder take the wheel. You could see booths upon booths of games with those giant stuffed animal prizes that you wanted to just hug. You spotted little kids with their parents running around and laughing without a care in the world. You spotted young lovers leaning against each other peacefully on the ferris wheel at the center of the carnival. You spotted a man that made your heart race.

He was surely a sight for sore eyes. The guy was definitely tall, but you weren't exactly sure how tall he was, how much he'd tower over you. You could see his muscles through his tight-fitted black shirt. Your eyes were drawn to the wavy, brown hair atop his head and the minimal amount of facial hair he was sporting. From the looks of it, he was here with his family. You spotted a woman walking with him and carrying a baby as another man -- you're assuming her husband? -- left to take a phone call. The way the tall man before you laughed as he picked up the little kid he had been chasing around made you smile.

Your cheeks felt hot as you finally turned your attention from him to your friends, worried you had been zoning out for too long. You thought you felt eyes on you, hoping it was those of your handsome stranger. By the time you went to ogle again, he was gone.

It had been a few hours since you'd arrived when you and some of your friends made your way to the bumper cars. After waiting in line and chatting giddily for a few moments, you were let in to choose your car. You immediately made your way to a yellow and pink car out of the way of the others, a good strategy in your opinion. Looking for your friends, you had one goal. To bump the SHIT out of them.

With the sound of an alarm, you were able to glide and bump whoever was in your way. You eyed everyone driving past you until you spotted one of your friends. Making eye contact, she laughed, trying to get as far away from you as she could. Speedily, you drove towards her, a little smirk on your face. You were ready to completely crash into her until you were suddenly jolted forward, hearing a loud laugh from behind you. With a smile on your face, you quickly turned to see who had foiled your plan.

Of course it was him. The gorgeous man from earlier. Your cheeks immediately felt hot, taking a deep breath as he stared back at you, that cheeky little grin on his face. When he finally spoke over the loud noise, you swore you could feel your heartbeat race.