strangers // sackler x reader

cw: mentions of alcohol, breakups, sackler being a dirty bitch idk he's a warning on his own, lotta swearing, is it cliche??? yeah but WHATEVER, shits from like two am a while back, ending could be better lmao 🤷‍♀️

A shitty week meant another Friday night spent at the bar... Taking your seat, the bartender gave you a look of pity, silently sliding over your usual. You nodded at him, taking a slow sip before hearing the rumbling of a deep voice to your right.

The man took a seat right next to you, sitting there silently before you heard him turn towards you. Not bothering to look at him, you figured you'd have to deal with another asshole trying to get into your pants. Sighing quietly, you waited for him to dish out some cheesy pickup line.

"So... the fuck happened to you?" the man asked bluntly. You couldn't help but furrow your brows in confusion and feel your blood begin to boil, ready to take your frustrations of the week out on this poor son of a bitch when your eyes landed on him. Holy shit. You hated to admit it, but your annoyance at his sudden question immediately dissipated as you took in the tall drink of water before you.

The guy was massive, sporting a dark blue dress shirt which made the buttons look like they were hanging on for dear life. The top two were unbutton though, leaving room for you to admire the expanse of his thick neck as he took a gulp of his (what seemed to be) water, adam's apple bobbing. You stared at his well kept facial hair and the dark locks swept across his forehead. He was staring back at you with an intense gaze, yet somehow it wasn't intimidating. You met his stare, giving him a quizzical look as a means of urging him to elaborate.

"I see you here almost every week, sitting in this same fuckin stool and drinking your same fuckin drink with this look on your face as if you were some housewife who just found out her husband died in the war," he continued, waving his hands around as he spoke. You laughed lightly in disbelief, confused as to how he had noticed you and more importantly how you hadn't noticed him. He continued, his tone a bit softer now. "What's your story, kid?"

You blinked in thought, subconsciously pursing your lips as he awaited your response. In all honesty, you hadn't spoken about it to anyone. Unloading on some sexy stranger would definitely scare him off for good, but the curiosity in his eyes was something you couldn't resist. He seemed genuinely interested, and the way that you immediately felt comfortable sharing this with him frightened you.

"I just uh... I had a pretty rough break up, about a month ago maybe. It was a toxic relationship, he was such an asshole but uh... it was the longest one I'd ever had so..." you trailed off awkwardly, finally acknowledging this out loud being foreign to you. He nodded, sitting there with you silently for a moment.

"Why'd you break up?" he asked, opting to continue the conversation instead of dipping uncomfortably. After taking a breath, you let it all flow out. You told him just about everything. You told him about the neglect, the constant fights, the cheating, everything. He even shared a few similar experiences he had dealt with, his girlfriends sounding even worse than your deadbeat ex boyfriend.

As you took a second to drink from your glass, he prompted another question. "Was the dick good?" You snorted, almost choking at how nonchalantly he had asked that. He let out a laugh at your reaction before continuing. "I mean, there had to be one good thing about this douchebag, right? And a beautiful lady like yourself deserves a guy who can AT LEAST fuck you until your eyes roll back."

You couldn't help the smile that spread across your lips, covering your face as you groaned out of embarrassment. Dropping your hands, you were ready to tell him about your ex's sorry excuse for a cock before you heard someone call out your name. Just your fucking luck.

Your ex, Jason, was quickly approaching with some new girl on his arm, and you froze. You have no idea why you'd freeze like this, having just spent the past however long talking shit about him with the sexy motherfucker sitting right next to you.

Jason had that smug grin on his face, his hand around the waist of this girl who barely had any clothes on. He introduced her to you as you politely smiled before introducing yourself to her as well before Jason's gaze turned to the man on your right. "And you are?"

"Oh! Adam Sackler, her boyfriend." He cut in to save the day, realizing the two of you hadn't actually formerly exchanged names. He sat up straighter, draping his arm around your shoulder protectively. "I'm sorry, I don't believe she's ever mentioned you before. You're... Jetson? Justin?"

"Jason," he spat out. You tried to savor his annoyance, but all you could focus on was Adam's hand slowly trailing down your side to your waist where he squeezed you reassuringly, his silent way of telling you he would handle this. Your cheeks were heating up, unable to prevent a tiny smile from forming. You snapped out of your little daze when you heard that voice you had grown to loathe call your name in disbelief. "She really never told you about me?" You turned to look at Adam, seeing him shake his head innocently.

"To be fair..." he trailed off, looking back at you before dipping his head a bit and leaning in. "We don't really get to much talking," he mumbled out before kissing your neck slowly, deliberately. You would've laughed at your ex's dumbfounded expression if Adam's kisses weren't making something flutter in your core. Instead, you played along, sighing out a quiet moan as he began to suck on one spot, his mouth on your skin feeling like heaven. You could feel Adam smirk against your skin before he pulled back, looking down at you with a newfound hunger in his eyes. At the noise of him loudly clearing his throat, the two of you stopped eye fucking each other to look back at Jason.

"Well! It was great to meet you, man," Adam exclaimed as he stood up, towering over Jason while pulling you up with him. "If you'll excuse me, I'm going to fuck my girlfriend until her legs give out in that alley." He then scooped you up in his arms with little to no effort and sped away, the two of you laughing your asses off when you got out the side door.

Setting you down, Sackler stared down at you as your laughter finally faded. The total silence aside from the muffled music of the bustling bar only aided in creating this tension between the two of you. Adam stepped towards you until he had you up against the building's wall, ducking his head to be right in front of yours. You could feel his breath against your lips, aching to close that distance between the two of you.

"You know... I was serious about fucking you in this alley," he rasped out quietly, his voice somehow lower than before as it sent a jolt through every one of your nerves. Your eyes broke away from their fixation on his lips before they met his intense gait.

"What are you waiting for," you almost whispered, the need in your voice sounding foreign to your own ears. And then...

Sparks. With his lips on yours, you felt whole. You felt content. You were his.