fifteen. ( sleeping beauty. )

IF ELAINE was being honest, the first person she'd told that she and Cedric had kissed ( well, steamily snogged in the bath ) was Lucien, and Adrianne, of course, by extension — but to be fair, they were on speaking terms ( and she'd just been so ...

IF ELAINE was being honest, the first person she'd told that she and Cedric had kissed ( well, steamily snogged in the bath ) was Lucien, and Adrianne, of course, by extension — but to be fair, they were on speaking terms ( and she'd just been so excited, she'd needed to tell someone! ), and the idea of having to choose who to tell first, Blake or Milo, had been giving her quite a bit of anxiety. Because whoever she told first could potentially be seen as the friend she liked more, and Elaine didn't want to do that, to play favorites, because she couldn't bear the thought of upsetting either of them, and she really loved and adored Blake and Milo equally. So, as the Second Task drew nearer and nearer, Elaine's task became trying to figure out a way to get the two of them together again.

( Also, for all those wondering, Adrianne had called her a "saucy bitch!" as a compliment and winked extremely suggestively when she'd found out about Elaine and Cedric's bath. Lucien had, for once, not scolded his best friend for her vulgarity, but merely echoed her sentiments in his adorable, charming French accent ( "zauzy beech!" ) and excitedly hugged the breath right out of her. )

After almost a week of failed attempts that were so poor, Adrianne had asked her if she was even trying — but Elaine really wasn't a mastermind, so you'll have to forgive her for not knowing how to orchestrate a reconciliation between two romantically frustrated people who hadn't spoken in almost two months! — she finally accepted that she was out of her depth. Meaning, she finally decided to enlist some help.

At that point, Lucien and Adrianne were her only hope, and Elaine really wanted to get Blake and Milo within five feet of each other before Cedric went into the lake. She needed both of them for support, and to keep her from absolutely panicking as they waited for Cedric to find whatever it was he had lost to the merpeople — which, so far, hadn't been the pink hat, as Cedric had hardly taken it off or let it out of sight since they'd figured out the clue. ( He didn't want to lose it! )

So, after Arithmancy let out for the afternoon, Elaine parted ways with Milo at the library and set out to find her two French friends, whom she guessed were probably hanging around the Great Hall, as it was late afternoon and there was probably some tea being served, and Lucien had become quite obsessed with his afternoon tea time.