one

(picked this song bc its like Eva's vibe??? idk shes just like chill and cool and this song is chill and cool. enjoy bbys <3)

i dont care

"Eva! Now!" I roll my eyes, letting out a groan. "What are we going to do now, Mouse," I whisper to my tan and white kitten, her vibrant green eyes meeting mine as I place a kiss between her eyes. "I don't want to leave yet. I haven't gotten to see Summer!" I yell back to my mother.

Summer, my best friend since we were 4, hasn't come to see me before we leave to head to the "world famous Hogwarts", as my over dramatic mother loves to put it.

"Just sit together on the train!" she yelled back, "We're going to be late if we don't leave now, Evangelina!" I let out another frustrated groan, there's no use in trying to reason with a Hufflepuff.

As in Alexis Hufflepuff, my mother. One of the richest, if not THE richest, families in town, the last descendants of the original Hufflepuff family and direct descendants of Helga Hufflepuff. My great great great, and what seems like a thousand more greats, grandmother.

Although, everyone loves to insist how it seems I should belong in any other house than Hufflepuff. Which is infuriating. It isn't my fault that my mother taught me not to take any kind of vile behavior from anybody.

Because of my family's reputation, it is often surprising to people that I am only now attending Hogwarts in what would be my second year, starting early like my mother, and father, and grandparents and...you get the point.

But, my father's death kind of prevented me from attending last year, which was the original plan. His death was sudden and heart wrenching, especially for my mother.

That is honestly what is really making me stall on leaving. This is going to be the first time in 15 years that my mom has been alone. The manor is huge and now, empty, besides our house elf and the occasional others who are employed at the manor. The entire reason my parents decided to buy the manor, was because they planned on having tons, and I mean TONS, of children. An unfortunate accident weeks after I was born made that impossible for my mother. To this day, I still have yet to learn what happened or how, just my mother can no longer bear children. I can't bring myself to ask and I try my best to not ponder on the idea too, for my mouth may get the best of me and I may question my mother.

But that's a depressing story for another day.

Today, I was finally going to Hogwarts. This was my dream, to become a master witch and defeat enemies. Many people just had power for no reason whatsoever. I planned to fix that.

"Eva! Now!" I'm snapped out of my thoughts by my mother's voice once more. As I close my trunk I start to drag it out of my room. I yell a quick reply as I start down the stairs.

"Need help miss?" I turn to see Horpey, our house elf sitting on my trunk. We had freed him last year when my father died but he's become a sort of family for myself and my mother.

"I'm okay Horpey. Thank you," I offered a gentle smile which he quickly returned and snapped his fingers, disregarding my words and disapparating us from the staircase to the living room. I gave Horpey a teasing push and he returns my smile.

"Come on Eva, we still need to get your supplies and books before we board the train." my mother groans as She grabs my hand and in an instant, we are in Diagon Alley. I immediately head to Ollivanders in search of a wand and to greet an old family friend.

"Ollivander!" I exclaim, bot even noticing he was talking to another inquiring upcoming student. "E!" He exclaimed quickly embracing me as I ran into his arms. We both let out a series of chuckles as he pulls away.