20

After term started back up, Maeve received a letter from her mom that her Nan was doing better and that her mom was extending her visit to help with one of the farms over East. She understood, she just wish she could help. A lot of shit went down the first two months, Ron got attacked by Sirius, Harry got a new broom, which Maeve was so happy about. She felt awful when she brought the broken broom to Harrys bed side when he was in the hospital. But other than that, Maeve was having a normal term.

She did start her training with Lupin though, it started with her and Harry but because of O.W.L.S Lupin thought it was best to have separate sessions so Maeve could keep on track with her studies.

"Did you do your homework Maeve?" Lupin looked up when she walked into his office.

"I wrote down every good memory I could think of." She complained.

"Good"

"Wait, how do we even know if this would work." She sighed, "What if I'm just a miserable person now."

"I don't think that could ever happen to you Maeve. You're Maeve." He stated. "Lets begin"

She sighed.

Her first memory, she thought about Dumbledore standing in her foyer with her parents, her dad.

A small light began to illuminate the end of her wand, like how it did when she first got it.

"Nope, think deeper."

"Maybe I'm just a witch who can't produce one!" She was so close to giving up.

"Maeve, you're almost there! I promise!"

"Ugh!" She shuffled her feet, standing up straighter and pointing her wand up.

Her first break, first year. She ran off the train into her parents embraced, surrounded with the smell of home. When they got home she told them all about her first year, the teachers, the animals.... The light began to shine brighter, her friends. She told them all about her friends.

The light started shooting bits out the end of her wand.

"Yes, keep thinking what your thinking about right now." He stood up.

friends, Cedric and Julia. The light became brighter. The trio. Brighter the Twins. Brighter. Fred, Brighter the moment they shared in the hospital wing around Harrys bed, when his finger brushed her bruise, Brighter, he told her he loved her, on halloween night under the stars, even brighter. The kiss. The kiss, the moment they melted into one.

At that moment, an explosion came out the end of her wand. Her eyes shot open. A translucent, blue hued hippogriff came charging out of it, running around his office, and flying out the window. She sat this in aw, "I did it." She said softly, in complete shock. She couldn't believe it. "I DID IT! I DID IT!" She jumped into Lupin, engulfing him into a hug. "I actually did it" She let go, and then if everything hit her at once, she bursted into tears. It was the break, the break she needed, it wasn't like the feeling she felt in that empty class room as Fred watched her break and throw things. It wasn't negative at all, it wasn't sadness. It was acceptance. She had a reason to be happy. He let her feel again.

"I did it..."

Across the school, the Twins were playing chess, a few Gryffindors were doing some homework and the Trio were sitting in front of the fireplace. Ron and Harry were joking around and Hermione was reading the book Maeve gave her for Christmas, when all of sudden there was a burst of light that came through the window into the common room. Everyone jumped up in shock, and then they saw it. A hippogriff patronus was dancing between the students, jumping from wall to wall, and eventually exploded as it ran into Fred.

"She did it." Harry mumbled.

"What?" Ron questioned

"SHE DID IT!" The twins yelled. Fred ran straight out of the common room straight to Lupins office.

"It went to Fred," Harry laughed, "he's her happiness."

Fred reached Lupins door, took a breathe and walked in. He saw her, crying. But she was smiling, just standing in the middle of his office. Eyes closed, but the biggest smile. The smile he fell in love with. She opened her eyes, took a breathe and saw Fred. "I did it!" She giggled as she ran into Freds embrace.

"Wait, why are you here? Is everything okay?" She seemed panic now.

He laughed, "Yeah everything fine, your patronus just broke into the Gryffindor common room." Her eyes widened and she turned to Lupin.

He laughed, "Yeah, now that you can do it we can train who you want to send it to. Clearly the positive memory you used just went to that person." He looked at the goofy boy standing in the middle of his office staring at this girl. He was so blown away by this girl. Her power, her smile. It was intoxicating. He knew now that the memory was about this Weasley boy, if the patronus somehow found him.

"We'll finish lessons later," he got down to be eye level with her, "you did amazing Maeve. You should be proud. I can now see what this whole smile is all about." This girl was beaming, it was like she was a patronus, just illuminating with happiness and love. He watched the girl leave with the boy. Those two will be with each other forever he thought. Thats a one in a million type of love.