Others

[Reunion Campsite, Chernobog]
[3rd POV]

"Oi, Typhon. We're here."

"Eh? Meh, gimme five more minutes..."

Typhon lazily spoke as he went back to his epic power nap while being carried by Leilani. He had gotten comfortable within her arms on their way here, ceasing any spoken words as they made their way to the supper tent. Now he's too comfortable to move out of her arms.

"Oh? Whatever happened to all that fuss I saw earlier?"

"I got lazy and stopped struggling, gotten used to it and adapted to the situation. Survive, adapt, overcome."

"Is that what they're calling defeat nowadays?"

"Quiet"

Leilani let out a chuckle as they made their way to a much larger tent, a barebones canteen as you would call it. Rows of tables, up to 3 in a single row, were filled up by various Reunion soldiers eating their grub from either what was being made or what they managed to find out in the field, some were talking amongst each other while others preferred to just eat.

Sometimes what soldiers found was better then what food was served within the Movement. So much so that other troops would yoink some off of the lucky ones who struck it good with sandwiches or chicken.

Hardtacks, made so poorly at times, even for hardtack standards, that you can't stomach it without softening it up first in a stew. Reunion folks weren't exactly the best of cooks.

Hey, it was better then nothing and starving.

"Hardtacks?"

"Hardtacks"

The Scout let out an exaggerated groan, once more will his stomach commit seppuku at the taste of stale hardtacks. A voice called out to the two which drew their attention towards said voice.

"Hey! Over here, guys!"

It was Mortimer, waving at the two and motioning them to head over to where he and others were sat. Two empty seats were to both sides of Mortimer and next to those empty seats were 2 fellow teammates of the group, a Feline Arts Guard and a Liberi Senior Caster, both females. The Liberi was passed out on the table with her head laying on it while the Feline was resting her legs on the table as she whistled a tune, balancing on the chair she was sitting in back and forth.

(Artist: Guchico)

(Artist: Guchico)