A Nighttime Chapter Since 12-3 am is Superior

Start from the beginning

"Multiple reasons. They all include you."

"What?" He laughed with a soft shake. "What do you mean?"

I sat up. "Firstly, I can not fall asleep with you going in and out of bed a million times a night. How many bathroom trips do you need?"

"Okay—"

"And! And, once you finally settle in bed, you yank all the blankets to your side leaving me to freeze."

"Because you're a blanket hog!" He sat up as well, and I could hear the smile through his voice.

"I'm not done. You kick. I wake up multiple times a night to you kicking my shins. Yesterday you knee'd my back!"

He laughed, "I do not, George. And you're not the best person to sleep with either, you wanna know why?"

"Enlighten me."

"Okay, first and most obvious, you're a blanket thief. You pull the blankets off the bed every night. I pull them to my side because I know you'll pull them off me later in the night. At least I can fall asleep warm. And, you sleep talk. Loudly. You have conversations in bed all the time, George."

My face burned. I already knew I talked in my sleep. My parents would tell me about it all the time. Same with my friends when I slept over. All I'd hear from them was them mocking me for what I said. And what I said wasn't always what I necessarily wanted to say.

"Anything else?" I asked.

He thought for a moment before laying back down. "No."

I followed suit, coddling myself under the thick sheets.

"Sorry," He mumbled.

I sighed with a soft smile. "It's fine. I'll get used to it."

He chuckled, "You've been here for a week. I'm pretty sure anything you would get used to you've gotten used to already."

I shrugged. "I guess."

We fell silent. The only sound in the room was the soft white noise of the fan above us spinning around and around again. I could still feel Dream's beating stare.

"Are you happy?" He abruptly asked.

"What?" For some reason, my heart hit a dead stop when he asked. It wasn't like I wasn't happy or anything. I was. I was really happy. I was living with my best friends. I was getting married to one of them. I was so close to getting my visa. I was in America. How could I not be happy? I had everything I would have ever wanted right here.

"Well, I just mean the whole drastic change. You're away from your family. You're away from your entire life. I can't be away from my family for very long. Is coming here even worth it if you're not happy?"

"I am happy, Dream. I'm here with you." I bit my lip. My face was on fire and the palms of my hands were growing sweaty. He laughed softly. "You know what I mean."

"Yeah, I do. But be honest. Will you be okay? I can't replace your family."

"Yeah. I'm actually really excited. I've been wanting to see you again since you left the UK last year. Now we have at least three months together."

"You're not homesick?"

I shrugged, "I mean, I am. But you and Sapnap keep me distracted." I yawned, covering my mouth with the sheets.

"You're sleepy?"

"Only a little bit."

"I'll let you sleep."